Places of Worship Question!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Places of Worship Question!!

What's the best way to save photos from the Wiki to put into FTM? I've been saving to file and then inserting which is fine when the photo is still small but when I double click on it to get a larger view its all pixellated! Is there another way? Hope this makes sense

Not sure whether I should have posted this in Computer thread....:o
    Sue

Sue I just R clicked and save to my pictures and then put it into FTM, and it was ok ;;
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

That's what I've been doing! It's just that they're not clear when you make them bigger. Maybe I'm expecting too much!
      Sue

Comment

Hm mine was ok Sue, I am on vista not that I think that should make any difference ;;
        borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Sue from Southend View Post
          That's what I've been doing! It's just that they're not clear when you make them bigger. Maybe I'm expecting too much!
          Are you copying the thumbnail or the image you get when you have clicked on the thumbnail?
          Caroline
          Caroline's Family History Pages
          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

It's something that happens to the photo between thread and Wiki! I've snagged one from a thread and it's fine and a couple from the Wiki and they are pixellated on double clicking!

I'm wondering if I need to snag the photo back to Photobucket, resize it and then put it in FTM

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that our resident Photobucket expert will see this!
            Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
              Are you copying the thumbnail or the image you get when you have clicked on the thumbnail?

Just right clicking on the thumbnail ... Will go and try clicking on the thumbnail first!
              Sue

Comment

OK, clicked on thumbnail, saved that image, transferred it to FTM and the result is the same!
                Sue

Comment

Sue,

when an image gets snagged from the thread it has to be resized to get it to fit in the POW. (this is why I asked for pictures NOT to be posted any smaller than "message board" size.) as you do lose clarity of the actual picture when I have to resize it.

Maybe the ones you are trying to snag are the early ones?

Perhaps if you PM the submitter they would let you have a copy? I know its not an ideal solution, as the idea is to be able to copy from the wiki.

can you tell me step by step exactly what you are doing? and give an example of the POW that you are having probs with.

I can try and replicate the problem and see if I can find a solution.
                  Julie
                  They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Try St George the Martyr, Southwark, Surrey, Julie. Once you've double clicked on it in FTM if you zoom out you get an in-between size photo which is OK so it's not too major a problem really. (Beginning to feel as tho' I'm being a pain now:o)
                    Sue

Comment

Right,

I have had a look at Southwark st Georges, and that pic is only 80kb big. when I first began doing the POW pictures the limit was 100kb I could resize to, it has now been altered to 150kb (so the pics dont look so small in wiki).

I do know that on some of the ones I have done today/last night, that when you click on the thumbnail itself, it gives you the option to download a bigger version... if that makes sense.
                      Julie

Comment

Thanks Julie - yes that makes sense, maybe some of mine in the future will come up with that option
                        Sue

Comment

You never know ;)
                          Julie

Comment

Working...
                          X