Looking for the marriage of William Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for the marriage of William Green

Marriage between William Green and Frances around 1827/9 Tetworth Cambridgeshire.

Many thanks.

There are a few hits for William Green among the Cambridgeshire marriages on FHOL:

FamilyHistoryOnline - searchable databases for family history & genealogy in England, Wales & Australia

Comment

James, if any of their children was born after 1837 and their birth(s) were registered, then you could get a birth certificate to find out Frances's maiden name to be sure of finding the right marriage.
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Tetworth was in Huntingdonshire and the marriages from this parish are included in The Huntingdonshire Marriage Indexes available on fiche from the Hunts FHS. I have some of these, but unfortunately not the G's for the period you need (I have the G's for 1701-1754, but only C's and E's for 1755-1837).

Maybe you should put up a thread asking if anyone else has these records?

Comment

There is a Frances Gomm married to a Wm. Green in 1831 parish is Wootton on Ancestry. Not sure where that is.

Comment

This birth cert of their dau, aged 3 months on the 1841 census, would tell you Frances senrs maiden name;

Births Jun 1841
            Green Frances Maria St Neots 14 231

Comment

There's a Frances and William Green (+ family) in Tetworth on the 1841 census

- Ancestry.co.uk

oops ... snap Merry
              ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by deletejb View Post
                There is a Frances Gomm married to a Wm. Green in 1831 parish is Wootton on Ancestry. Not sure where that is.
                If it's Wootton in Oxfordshire it must be 50 miles away at least, but there are other Woottons, I think......that's just the one I know!

Comment

Just seen another entry for same marriage it's Oxfordshire and it has the date 26th May 1831.

Just checked multimap ---- shortest rout from Cambridge to Wootton is under 17 miles.
                  Last edited by deletejb; 10-04-08, 18:56.

Comment

From the Huntingdonshire Marriage Index that Merry mentioned above:

1825: William GREEN and Frances LARKINS, Everton-cum-Tetworth
                    Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by deletejb View Post
                      shortest rout from Cambridge to Wootton is under 17 miles.
                      I meant Tetworth to Wootton!

Nice one Cloggie! (which letters do you have for the up to 1837 part??)

Comment

all of the letters
                        Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by Cloggie View Post
                          all of the letters
                          Wow, really??!

*rummages in tree for possible lookups*

Comment

fire away ;)
                            (i have the other parts too)
                            Sarah

Comment

Thank you for all your efforts, I think the last one by Sarah is probably correct, they had the first child in 1829 - Sarah, Tetworth, Cambridgeshire.
                              They also had George 1831, William 1833, Eliza 1835,Samuel 1837, James 1838 and Frances Maria 1841

Thank you I will send off for Frances certificate.

Comment

I can't tell that quickly! This is part of my OH's tree I've not looked at for years......But I will know who to ask now!! *sniggers*

Comment

Sarah (Cloggie) do you have a date for the marriage in 1825?

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                                    Sarah (Cloggie) do you have a date for the marriage in 1825?
                                    I don't think she will James. The fiche are only indexes and from memory you will need the PR's for the exact date.

Comment

Thanks anyway.

Comment

Yes, Merry's right. The Marriage Index only gives the names, parish and year, no further date or details.
                                        Sarah

Comment

Working...
                                        X