Help please National Archives wont accept my card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please National Archives wont accept my card

I finally found the medal card for someone but it wont let me pay tried both cards ??? any ideas
    Could somebody purchase it for me and I pay them through paypal or something thanks .

Val, have you checked whether it is on ancestry? Also, there is a postal service where you can order them from The Western Front charity for £5 (but you have to wait for it to arrive in the post that way).
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

wait wait ??? oh Kite I really dont have any patience
      I did look for it on Ancestry but no luck dont know why .
      Thanks for replying.

Comment

They haven't loaded them all onto Ancestry yet, Val. I think they said they were doing them in two batches? Not sure when the second lot is going to be loaded.
        KiteRunner

Comment

Val, it says on the National Archives site that you can also pay using "Click&Buy", if that is any use to you:

Paying by Click&Buy
          Click&Buy allows you to pay by direct debit or even via your BT phone bill. Once you have an account, you simply confirm payment by entering your username and password. This means that you do not have to enter your payment details repeatedly.

Find out more and register for an account now at ClickandBuy has just got better – we now accept cash!.

The National Archives does not run the Click&Buy service. If you need help with this payment service please contact Click&Buy support team directly. You can send an email to service@uk.clickandbuy.com. Or if you prefer, telephone 00-800 254 25289 (free call). UK customers can also phone Click&Buy on 0207 605 0685
          KiteRunner

Comment

thanks again Kite thats interesting to know for next time.
            i have got somebody to do it for me for now though.

Comment

I think they were having problems yesterday as it wouldn't let me pay for a will which at the time I blamed on the Verifying by Visa stage on the Belgian end. I don't have the option of ClickBuy so will try again today and report back ...
              Caroline
              Caroline's Family History Pages
              Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

thank goodness Caroline as I thought I had overspent LOL

Comment

It worked fine this morning!! And then again when I found another one following the first one ...
                  Caroline
                  Caroline's Family History Pages
                  Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

been out had a spend up and my card was fine so it must have been the site, thank goodness.

Comment

Working...
                    X