Anyone getting late GRO orders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone getting late GRO orders?

I had two separate orders due to despatch on 4th April which haven't arrived yet.

Is anyone else hovering by the letterbox as well?
    Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

I was wondering......................

I bought five certs due for dispatch 28th March. Have received four. I put it down to the mail time to Australia, but I did get the first four fairly much on time.

Comment

I am waiting for 3 certificates supposedly despatched on 4th April. Every day this week I have expected them on the mat. Unusual delay but not over worried ...... yet.

Hopefully yours and mine will arrive tomorrow ?
      Simon

"You've got to ask yourself one question. Do I feel lucky ? " (Dirty Harry) - Be lucky; the facts are out there somewhere

http://www.thebirdtree.co.uk

Comment

I don't know if this may explain it, but I wonder if it may be to do with the start of the new tax year & the huge amount of post sent out by the Inland Revenue; tax returns & stuff like that?

Joanie

Comment

don't make me any more angry with the tax man!!! I had to pay him loads today
          Zoe in London

Comment

I've just ordered acouple of certificates due to be dispatched on the 11th, wonder if they'll arrive on time?
            don't make me any more angry with the tax man!!! I had to pay him loads today
            and he's just nicked £1,500 from my commuted pension no doubt to let some layabout with umpteen kids live the life of rielly.
            Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

My last batch arrived on time - 3 together, and 1 the next day.

Comment

I'm also still awaiting delivery of 3 certificates due for despatch on 4th April, glad to know it's not just me, I thought it was unusual because they had got much better at sticking to despatch dates, mine were even arriving early a few months ago.
                :D Carolyn

Comment

maybe it's a Chessington thing.

perhaps the sorting office at Hook Road is having a secret strike. We haven't had any post for days.
                  Zoe in London

Comment

I thought that as well Zoe when I first saw your post but then the others confirmed they were also having problems. We did get one letter today but don't seem to have had as much post as usual this last week or so.

Comment

Mine should have been sent out on the 3rd but I havent had them yet..

]

Comment

Is anyone else hovering by the letterbox as well?

Yes!! 2 due to be sent out on the 4th. Ella

Comment

Gosh-- telepathy!!! one just dropped through the letter box as i finished typing my previous post!! Haven't opened it yet--hope it's the correct one!. Ella

Bl**t---wrong one. Try again!!
                          Last edited by Guest; 09-04-08, 09:47.

Comment

My last order was the best ever!!

I ordered on the Thursday, and got 2 certs the following Wednesday! That was only last month.

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Light View Post
                              Mine should have been sent out on the 3rd but I havent had them yet..
                              Well its just arrived and was posted Royal Mail 2nd class, are they costcutting now?

]

Comment

I've just received one of the 3 due out on the 4th April, typically it's the one I was least interested in (hubby's family!). Trouble is I'm going on holiday tomorrow before the next post so I might have to phone oldest son and get him to open the others and read them out to me!

Comment

I have been sent two certs in the past three weeks. On time but NOT reference checked.Although admitting they didn't reference check, they won't refund until they have the certificate safely back!!! What if it fails to get there???
                                  Rita

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/.../User:Nappycat

Comment

I'm surprised at that. I've never been asked to send back a cert in the same circumstances.

Ask if you can e-mail it

Comment

I'm also waiting for some certs. Do you think that the delay is because on April 1st the GRO became part of Identity and Passport service. Oh heck that's part of the home office.... a government department, they've probably lost them!!!

Linda
                                      LindaG

Comment

One of mine came this morning too!!!

And like Carolyn it was the one I was least interested in as I'd already found a report of the inquest in a paper - I was just hoping for an informant (turned out to be the coroner)

Just waiting on the other two now

if they want to cost cut they could try sending everything in one envelope. Bet they'd save millions.
                                        Last edited by samesizedfeet; 09-04-08, 19:45.
                                        Zoe in London

Comment

Working...
                                        X