No announcement yet.

Hotmail free storage - anyone used it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotmail free storage - anyone used it?

I just noticed this on my hotmail account page. It says you can upload 5 GB of files to free internet storage? Its called Skydive - I googled and found this about it:

For me the future looks bleak for desktop PC as we know it today, for a number of years I have been waiting eagerly for the "on line" hard drive to come into play and now it has. Microsoft has released SkyDive, this is an on line storage space where users can upload there documents, music and videos.

To be honest I thought Google would be the first to offer such a service, but as far as I know they have yet to do so, this is good news for the guys at Microsoft to be at the forefront of this technology.

You log into SkyDive using your Live account, which is the same thing which you would use to log into your Hotmail accout, meaning that you dont have to remember any new username and password, this is why I really like the Windows Live services you can access them all from one username and password. If you do not have a Live account yet your really should jump on the bandwagon and go sign up.
    Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 08-04-08, 15:04.

I'm not much help Heather as I haven't used it but I saw it last week and thought about it for all my photos, maybe I'll try it.
    Christine in Portugal

Comment

Well 5GB is a big storage isnt it. I thought I could do all My Documents and possibly work out how to put FTM on there.

Comment

Heather doesn't 30GB free storage sound better ? I've signed up for this and it looks absolutely great. Humyo.....here's the page link
        humyo.com - Free Online File Storage & Backup Space

You can only have 25GB of media files but only 5GB of non-media files eg.text files etc.

Comment

I saw that one in a magazaine valley - but I couldnt remember the name when I got home

Ive uploaded all my stuff to hotmail now but I guess it cant hurt to upload it to a few places in case of disaster.

Im well pleased with my free zonealarm security suite though
          Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 11-04-08, 23:34.

Comment

I suppose that I am 'Sceptical' having worked in a bank all my life. I worry about these sites offering storage of your files. OK the work is encrypted but what happens when the firm goes under as it could well do. I see it in the same light as giving the local shopkeeper all my private correspondence in a sealed envelope for safe keeping and to make more room in my home. Could I trust them, would I ever get it back and so on.
            In this day and age I think everyone should think twice before using this type of storage.
            Margaret N
            DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Well, its just work letters Margaret, dont think anyone could get anything from them even if they could open them - just quotations and stuff.

Comment

Working...
              X