Ancestry Trees - whats going on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry Trees - whats going on?

Just gone onto my Ancestry tree and all my names have the little leaf next them but when I click on these "hints" it just shows this.....

'$$OWT Name'

What's happening? (can't get rid of the bold!)
    Last edited by KiteRunner; 07-04-08, 23:06. Reason: got rid of bold for you!
    Alison

Researching:
    CAVE, CUCKOW/COSHOW, DAKIN, GILBERT, GINN, HUXLEY, LEATT, LETTEN, PATTERSON, PERRY, PORTER, SOMMERVILLE, WEEDON, WHITING
    http://www.authonomy.com/ViewBook.aspx?bookid=1025
    http://www.authonomy.com/ViewBook.aspx?bookid=2650

mine too .I did wonder if its because I had deleted a extra tree I seemed to have acquired and maybe its the info on there not been deleted from the system, if you do find out please let me know thanks

Comment

Well Ladies,
      thought it was me...but I don't have a full membership..and i thought that or me is the problem lol

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
        mine too .I did wonder if its because I had deleted a extra tree I seemed to have acquired and maybe its the info on there not been deleted from the system, if you do find out please let me know thanks
        This is re-assuring!

I'd recently deleted a couple of trees which also seemed to suddenly appear, so maybe it's connected after all
        Alison

Researching:
        CAVE, CUCKOW/COSHOW, DAKIN, GILBERT, GINN, HUXLEY, LEATT, LETTEN, PATTERSON, PERRY, PORTER, SOMMERVILLE, WEEDON, WHITING
        http://www.authonomy.com/ViewBook.aspx?bookid=1025
        http://www.authonomy.com/ViewBook.aspx?bookid=2650

Comment

I havnt got that on mine, but I did delete some extra people that appeared on my tree I didnt put on there.

jean

Comment

My tree's fine!

However because of this thread I had look at it for the first time in ages and there were several new 'hints' which look good!

So here I am, 2 hours later still in my dressing gown :o trying to contact these people and all thanks to you and your problem tree:D
            Sue

Comment

Hmmm, thought I should have a look at some "hints" on my tree to see if they were really that good - but the first one I looked at (at random) says "These hints look like they match Richard Dawson from your tree." - 1891 census entry residence in Trimdon, Durham, England, but I already have him in Abbey Holme, Cumberland on that census - the same place where he was born and where he died, so if that's a typical hint then they may be a waste of time.
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

KiteRunner - these were 'hints' leading to other members trees which might lead to some clues. However the best lead doesn't want to be contacted :(so now I'm trying tofind her on another board! She's not a member here or on GR....
                Sue

Comment

Oh, right, Sue. I've looked at a couple of those on my tree but they were both existing contacts. I don't really know how to jump straight to the really good hints, lol! There are probably so many hints on my tree that I would have to look through...
                  KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                  (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

well I was casually browsing the names and I was amazed to find people with my Great grandfather in their trees ,contacted them and already had replies and yes we are related.
                    I have had lots of new info now.

Comment

Working...
                    X