Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to James?

Hi Everyone!

I hope it's not too cheeky asking for help when I haven't been about for so long but, I am desperately trying to find that spark again!!!!

This is all very vague but I am trying to find out what happened to James Ewens......

James Ewens (Ewence) wed Elizabeth Pinnock in Alton, Hants in 1811

In 1818 Elizabeth then weds Samuel Emo in Windsor, Berks, but I can't find the death of James.....I just want to know what she was doing for those 6/7 years - whether she was a widow or whether they were a childless couple for years...

Hope you can help

how have you proven that the 1811 Elizabeth and the 1818 Elizabeth are the same person?
    Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

Ermm....I can't remember off the top of my head - It has been quite a long time since I researched that line......Give me a mo and I will dig out my notes!!!

Comment

Have you checked the Hampshire Burial Index at all?

I would have a look for you, but that means getting up off my **** and going into the cold spare room to find the CD. I would willingly do so if you haven't had the opportunity to look at it ......but I'm not going until you say to!! lol

Comment

Hi Merry!

I haven't looked at the index but please don't go out of your way - especially on this cold night!!!! (Not unless you really don't mind)

I have just discovered the Hampshire OPC site (is it Knightsroot) so have, as usual, got a bit sidetracked!!!! I don't remember that site being there before...is it new or just updated??

Zoe....I haven't managed to dig out my notes but I do know they are the same Elizabeth I just can't remember how I know!!!

Comment

I suppose the other way to go about it is to try to find a will - I would think you would need to see if there is one at Hampshire record office - look on A2A to see if there is an index on there.
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I'm back!!

Two possibles, the second one is less than two miles from Alton (the first is about 16 miles)

James Ewins aged 22 buried at Hambledon 24th Dec 1814

James Ewance (no age quoted) buried at Chawton 16th Feb 1812

Comment

Hampshire Burial Index shows James Ewance Buried at Chawton (within spittin' distance of Alton) on 16 Feb 1812 - no age given. No other burial of a James found that would even remotely fit.

Comment

Whoops! Beaten to it!

Comment

Thanks Merry and Shirley......Oh why could they not give the Chawton ones age!!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
                      I suppose the other way to go about it is to try to find a will - I would think you would need to see if there is one at Hampshire record office - look on A2A to see if there is an index on there.

Sorry I missed this one - I will give it a go but my lot don't usually have wills!

Comment

Working...
                      X