historical stuff on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• historical stuff on ebay

This seller seems to have quite a few family history things. This item is entitled Shropshire Parish Registers - I haven't read the item description and I doubt it is actual parish registers(!) but it may be interesting to some one. Also some Lincolnshire poor law stuff if you look at seller's other items.

Shropshire Parish Registers -1583-1873- HIGH ERCALL on eBay, also, Antiquarian Collectable, Books, Comics Magazines (end time 12-Apr-08 18:41:33 BST)
    Rose

This is what it says.

" The Register booke of the p'ish of High Arcall ails Ercall Magn', since the burninge of the old register, beginninge the first day of Januarie in the year of our lord god 1585"
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Errrrrr...I believe it is illegal to sell original Parish Registers, since the 1975 Archives Act!

OC

Comment

Never fear, OC, it's a transcription/copy from the Shropshire PRS from about 1937.
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

whew Uncle John, that's a relief!
          Rose

Comment

.... and I want it!
            Direct line rellies from Ercall Magna. :(
            Elaine

Comment

The book is on a starting bid of £3.00 which is good value. There is a shop in Shrewsbury that sells alot of these and they usually start at about £25.00.

Worth a bid Elaine but the postage will be pricey

Allie
              Researching Betton, Cook/Cooke, Fallows, Howell, Jones, Lewis, Morgan, Rogers, Weston. All in Shropshire.

Richards in Denbighshire.

Comment

Thanks for that Allie - at least I know what sort of price they normally fetch.
                Will be in the UK when it comes up for sale so I might just check it out!
                Elaine

Comment

good luck Elaine! I see it doesn't end till Saturday.
                  Rose

Comment

I've just noticed this about the postage/shipping:

Please collect if you are near enough - Stourbridge / Merry Hill area of the West Midlands

That would be useful if you are in the area Elaine.
                    Rose

Comment

Working...
                    X