Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virus? help please

hello,

uploaded photos of my Thailand trip and now the computer is freezing and won't access them. I am getting all sorts of messages then the computer freezes.

is there a safe online site that i can visit for a diagnostic tool?

I updated all my virus protection stuff this morning - AVG free, AdAware and Zone Alarm and run them all with a clean result but something is wrong!

be grateful for all suggestions that aren't too technical as my son is at a meeting!

Is it working o.k. on your other photos, Yvonne?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Everything else seems ok (I just checked) but not the directory i have the new pictures in (which is My Pictures) and contains all my family photos. (But thankfully not my genie photos)

Actually - it did open the My Pictures directory - just took much longer than normal.

However, i don't really want to try the Thailand folder again as it has frozen twice now.

Comment

Could you delete the Thailand folder (without opening it) and then maybe try uploading one photo and see if that works then do them one by one?
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Can do.

it is 10pm here at the moment so I will try that tomorrow.

However, does anyone know of an online virus checker that is safe to run?

Comment

Panda is good, so is TrendMicro's HouseDoctor (or HouseCall...can never remember what it is called!)
            Might pay to do a Trojan scan when you have time....try Moosoft (Free trial but good for a one off)

Comment

Thanks Lyn,

Will try them tomorrow - not keeping thoughts together at the mo.

Got to get some sleep.

Will check in when I wake up.

Comment

Just to confirm that Trend Micro's Housecall is a good online virus scanner.

Run a check with Adaware and Spybot while you're at it, in case you've picked up some malware.

Comment

Working...
                X