Excel help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel help please

I've taken the plunge and had a go for the first time, but can't work out how to get a title on Sheet 1 Sheet 2 & sheet 3. I know its probably staring me in the face, but you good folk are sure to know.

Select VIEW and you can do a Header or Footer - or alternativey type it in the first row of cells.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine. I was supposed to get some training at work on Excel...but that's another story.

Comment

You can right click on the tab where it says Sheet 1 to rename it and colour it too if you want to.
        Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thanks Caroline, its looking better by the minute!

Comment

Jill, Did you know Microsoft do FREE training online? I have done the Data base one & it was really helpful. There is a section on headers & footers.

Get productive quickly with Microsoft 365 videos and tutorials. Explore Microsoft 365 training guides and tips to collaborate with anyone, anywhere.
            Last edited by banana; 10-04-08, 22:10.

Comment

thanks Ann, I'll be taking a look.

Comment

Jill,

I suggest you set up a new spreadsheet called something like 'MyTry' just to experiment with and tryout new things. If things go disasterously wrong then there is no damage done.

This is the voice of experience.

Hugo

Comment

Hugo, what a good idea, I've done as you suggest.

Comment

Ann, Very good site it was years ago that I first used Excel and have little use for it now. This site has been very refreshing.
                    I pressume that they do a series so am just going to look for Word 2007.

Thank you.
                    Margaret N
                    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Working...
                    X