Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone going to the Cornwall Records Office soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone going to the Cornwall Records Office soon?

... and with time to look out for a couple of records for me? It's a bit more birthday present for an elderly church friend, for whom I found a couple of results on the Gale trial.

I was in the Plymouth RO yesterday and found a transcribed baptism record, but would like a copy of the actual register page:
    Rame:
    29 Nov 1829 Robert, s of Francis & Eliza HAWTON, carpenter

I'm also hoping to get a copy of a marriage register entry, for which I have a definite GRO entry, and a plausible IGI submission to narrow it down with:
    Maker:
    19 Oct 1854, Maker Par Ch [LDS-AF] m 1854 Dec Q St Germans 5c 75
    Robert HAWTON and Mary Jane BRYANT.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Hi Christine

You can order copies from registers held by the record office. I believe the current charges are a pound a page plus 3.50 postage. They have an online form which you can download fom their website. They are quick as well - I recently ordered a copy of a 30 plus page document and it got to me in less than a week.

This might be your best course of action if no-one is visiting soon.
    Helen
    Support the S.O.P.H.I.E. campaign, Stamp Out Predudice Hatred + Intolerance Everywhere.

Visit the website at http://www.sophielancasterfoundation.com/index1.html

http://www.illamasqua.com/about/sophie/

Comment

Thanks, Helen.

I might just do that.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

In fact I'm emailing them about it now...

I'm not sure whether it's possible to get copies of register pages for Maker and Rame, because the incumbent hasn't given permission for the records to be filmed. I don't know whether that non-permission would extend to the kind of enquiry I'm following up.

Christine

Comment

Working...
        X