George Clayton birth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Clayton birth

I want to get the birth cert for G GF George Clayton. He was born c1857 in Wilsford Lincs which is covered by Sleaford district.

On freeBMD there is a birth JuneQ 1855 and another Sept Q 1857, both in Sleaford district. I would guess at the 1857 one but, is there a disc that people have with baptisms on, showing parents' names? (Sorry for the cack-handed way of asking!). If there is, and someone has got one, could they praps have a look for me please?

there are a couple on the IGI with 1857, with the correct wife and correct parents but they are submitted and, of course, there is no actual date of birth for George just "1857"

Thank you
    Rose

You may be able to find the baptism here:

FamilyHistoryOnline - searchable databases for family history & genealogy in England, Wales & Australia

Comment

Thanks Mary, I have registered and had a look but it says no results found.
      Rose

Comment

The son of Thomas and Susanna, b Wilsford, is aged 3 in 1861 whilst the son of Richard and Elizabeth b Welbourne (also in Sleaford district) is aged 5.

Comment

Thanks Merry, it's the 1857 one then. I'm guessing you looked at the other chap (or both) on the census to identify them?

Now to locate his death.
          Rose

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie Knees View Post
            I'm guessing you looked at the other chap (or both) on the census to identify them?
            Sorry, I should have said that! Yes, that's where I looked

I suppose you still can't be 100% about the birth regs, but it looks pretty hopeful that 1857 is the one!

Comment

yes, it looks the more likely of the two. Think I have found his death too.

*waits for dad to cough up donation as promised *
              Rose

Comment

Rose

If you wanted the cert then the Lincolnshire reg service would be the one you want, don't forget they will do a ref check free of charge if you need it and won't charge anything if they can't find an entry.

Orders can either be postal, telephone or online via the Lincs County Council website. At the moment they are running about four days faster than the GRO (i had to use Lincoln and the GRO last week).

Links are in the Lincolnshire pages of the wiki.
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Thanks Glen, I had a look on their website yesterday and I will order the certs from there by post. Would it be best to send two separate £7 cheques so that they can send one back if they can't find one of my records?
                  Rose

Comment

Either that or write at the top of the cheque "Not more than £14"

OC can tell you exactly how to do it, it's her tip and she uses it fairly often.
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

thanks Glen
                      Rose

Comment

Working...
                      X