Sister Mary A Chipperfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sister Mary A Chipperfield

Does anyone have this lady in their tree. She is on the 1881 census in a religious order in Kensington. She is the right age and born in Kildare, the same as a Mary in my tree. I don't know how to find if she is my Mary or not, as 1881 is where I lose her
    Ann

Hi Ann,

Could this be her death?

Deaths Sep 1891
    Chipperfield Mary Ann aged 37 Kensington 1a 119

She should be on the 1891 census.......but I can't see her yet (I mean anyone to fit the death reg.....yours or not!)

Possibly your Mary might not have been listed with her baptismal name for that census? I'm trying to find the same religious order in 1891 to look through it for her, but I also have some sausages burning in the oven, so may need to look at those first!!

Comment

Thanks for that your help greatly appreciated. Sounds like the death is the same Mary
      Ann

Comment

I've found the order in 1891 (Search for Josephine Mc Namara b 1829), but I can't see your Mary there. Maybe she was in a hospital or other institution?

Comment

If she was in a hospital would that show on the census
          Ann

Comment

If that's the right death registration, then there's a reasonable chance her father's name may be on the certificate (as occupation! The dau of.......) as this was often the case for unmarried women.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Oldie View Post
              If she was in a hospital would that show on the census
              Ann
              It should do, but sometimes people were entered with their initials only. The you have to contend with the transcriber mis-reading the initials, or having them the wrong way round! I haven't been able to find her. Maybe she is just missing from the list of people in the religious order?

Comment

I think the certificate may be my best bet.
                Thank you
                Ann

Comment

Working...
                X