Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help finding Annie Keating

Hi
    I hope some of you super slouths out there can help me trace down any records on my elusive Gt Grandmother. I've got her marriage cert, and these are the details which I have

25/04/1908 St Thomas with St James Parish Church Poolstock Wigan

Annie Keating, age 21, a Spinster, working as a Domestic Servant, living at 2 Byrom St Wigan, Father is Thomas Keating a Railway Operative.
    marries
    Arthur Ellison age 22 a Bachelor, works as a Collier living at 18 Byrom St Wigan, father a deceased Collier.

Arthur died in 1916 in Flanders
    Annie died in 1966 in Morecambe

They had 3 children

William 1908
    Peter 1910
    Lily 1912

I have all the info on Arthur but it's Annie I'm after, I don't know where she was born, can't find her with a father Thomas on any census etc.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

L

There is a Mary Ann Keating with a Thomas as father on the 1891 census RG12; Piece: 2965; Folio 39; Page 31 she was born in Liverpool.

Comment

Not what you asked for, I know, but I hoped this might lead somewhere - it didn't!

Annie Keating born 1886, Oldham,mmn OKeefe.

But I couldn't find any siblings with mmn OKeefe, nor a marriage between Keating and OKeefe. Maybe they went to Ireland, and Annie came back on her own?

OC

Comment

Who were the witnesses at Annie's wedding?

P.S. Typical - just when I have a few minutes to spare to try to help, ancestry is on a go-slow! When the 1911 census becomes available online then it will give you Annie's birthplace if we haven't tracked her down before then! (Well, if you know where she was living in 1911 then you can order a copy before it is online but it costs something like £45.)
        Last edited by KiteRunner; 05-04-08, 12:47.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Kiterunner

Witnesses were
          Theodore Ellison = Grooms Brother
          Isabelle Sharples

OC

Thats one of the ideas I had, I wondered if they had come across from Ireland between 1901-08

Deletejb

I've looked at that one before, haven't totally dismissed it but gut feeling says no.

Thanks for trying

L

Comment

This is the church where they married..a lot of my family were married there.

]

Comment

I know it's not much help, but this is surely very likely to be here in 1901:

RG13; Piece: 3656; Folio: 131; Page: 8

Comment

What we need is for this to be her father:

Deaths Sep 1915
                Keating Thomas 66 Wigan 8c 124

and for his married dau to have registered the death!

Comment

Merry, I think this is him buried at Ince Cemetery..

Keating Thomas 66 yrs Union Infirmary 9-Jul 1915 Grave E 486 * R C * against grave number denotes unrelated burials, ie. Public grave

]

Comment

Pity it doesn't say "railway operative"!! lol

Lateral thinking.......

I was looking at other births for Keating in Wigan - most of them seem to have died as babies. Can anyone else find this girl though.......

Births Mar 1883
                    Keating Theresa Wigan 8c 120

.......in 1891? She doesn't seem to have died in between. I wondered if she's a sibling of Annie?

Comment

The Lancashire RO holds Swinton Industrial School admissions and discharges (1846-8, 1850-1934); indexes (1848-1935); etc. (The industrial school where that Annie was in 1901 was at Swinton)

If they had that Annie's admission record it could prove useful

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post

Lateral thinking.......

I was looking at other births for Keating in Wigan - most of them seem to have died as babies. Can anyone else find this girl though.......

Births Mar 1883
                        Keating Theresa Wigan 8c 120

.......in 1891? She doesn't seem to have died in between. I wondered if she's a sibling of Annie?
                        That didn't work......I found her on the FindMyPast indexes and it looks as if her parents were Patrick and Jane.

Comment

Well I cant find anything else, wonder if it is worth getting that death cert?
                          Sorry...

]

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Light View Post
                            Well I cant find anything else, wonder if it is worth getting that death cert?
                            Sorry...
                            *Rattles collecting tin in hopeful manner*

Comment

I wondered if she was Annie Something-Else in 1891 and possibly at birth too. Perhaps either her parents were not married at her birth or Thomas was a step-father?

Comment

Lol Merry..*Rattles collecting tin in hopeful manner*

I wondered if "Annie" was her only name? or Something else Annie lol..Ooooo its tormenting me now..will have a final scout round..

]

Comment

searching for "Ralph Garside" on 1901 census brings up Byrom Street even side

My ancestry is taking ages to load so haven't been able to move far enough to find the odd side yet (in case the numbers had changed)
                                  Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

At number 2 is a family called Charnock. I can't find 18 at the mo.....

Comment

Merry its the last page...46 of 46 a family called Gavaghan I think..its hard to read!

At no 22 theres a John Ellison..

I was born and brought up a few streets away and I do remember the Ellisons being discussed by my great gran and nanna but never Keatings! It was a tight knit community and sadly now I have no one to ask! Oooo I need a drink lol..
                                      Last edited by Northern Light; 05-04-08, 22:19.

]

Comment

I expect the bride and groom were just staying at those addresses for the duration of the banns :o

Comment

Working...
                                        X