Help/Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help/Opinions

I found my G-Grandfathers birth on Ancestry, and am sending off for a certificate tonight hopefully. I'm pretty certain it's him: exact name, birthplace, birth year and quarter.

Name: Frederick Charles White
    Year of Registration: 1885
    Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun
    District: Brighton
    County: Sussex, East Sussex
    Volume: 2b
    Page: 251

This is all fine and dandy, however, after clicking on the link to see others on page I find this:

Name: Edith Sophia White
    Year of Registration: 1885
    Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun
    District: Brighton
    County: Sussex, East Sussex
    Volume: 2b
    Page: 251

Would this be a twin, or a coincidence?? And would it say on the certificate if he had a twin?
    I'm a twin myself, but I don't have my original certificate and my Mum mentioned when she got me a new one that she forgot to put that on there, so I have no idea what the rules are

If they are twins then his certificate should have the time of birth as well as the date.

Have you tried looking for the girl on the following census, or a death for her before 1891?

Comment

I just looked at the 1891 and there is an Edith Sophia White (her name is in full!) b Brighton about 1886 the dau of William and Sophia E White.

Are Frederick's parents Edwin and Elizabeth White?

Comment

White's not an uncommon name, so they could be unrelated. Don't have any twins myself, but understand that time of birth is often on a twins cert.
        Mind you, if you ordered it, of course you'll get a good idea from parent's details (LOL - stupid me), you undoubtedly meant without ordering!!

EDIT - as usual Merry stars again, with census details!!
        Mavis
        Dust is a noun, never a verb;)

Comment

White is a relatively common name so this is probably a coincidence.

My gt gt grandmother had twins and they are on the same page as another unrelated child with same surname.
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

1891 has your Fred C. White parents Edwin & Elizabeth together with a 14-year old William E White and a Mary I White, in Brighton.
            ~ with love from Little Nell~
            Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

I wondered if the father's might be related (perhaps brothers) and so the two mums (or whoever) visited the reg office together. However Edwin White b abt 1847 in Deptford doesn't have a brother with the right details on the 1861 census, by which time William would have been born, so it looks like the registration of the two babies around the same time was probably just a coincidence.

Comment

Thanks everyone for replying so quickly!
                And yes, Edwin and Elizabeth were his parents so I think you're right, it's probably a coincidence.

Comment

I had 3 people of the same name born the same quarter in 1838.
                  Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
                  X