What Do I Do Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do I Do Now

I think ive just found some-one with a 100% connection to my dad's family on ancestry, but they've elected not to be contacted by anyone regarding the information they have on there. would'nt you believe it, Im absolutely certain that there is a connection.

jean

Jean

What a very strange thing to do - put your tree on a public site but then decide you don't want any contacts! Wouldn't you love to ask them why they bothered?

Can you not leave a post-it?

OC

Comment

hi o.c. how do I do that?, Im a bit annoyed because Ive tried to find out about him for years, not having had contact with any of my dads family. oh well, one good thing I suppose, at least I now know where my dads dad comes from. lol Ive sent ancestry an e-mail hoping they can help me.

I have left a message in their comment box, will have to wait and see now if they make contact.

jean
      Last edited by jean banaszak; 04-04-08, 15:47.

Comment

I had the same thing a couple of weeks ago I left a comment but I've not heard anything
        PAT

Comment

hi pat, isnt it a nuciance, Im all fired up because I know its a def connection, they've put the privacy thing on regarding childrens names, so I cant see which of my dads brothers or sisters they are connected to, mind you they've put what I think is there surnames so I could trawl thro ancestry bmd to find out that way.

jean

Comment

Jean -

I received a contact through Ancestry one time - I couldn't respond directly to the sender, since there was no e-mail address. Instead, I was supposed to respond through Ancestry's message exchange (whatever it's called). I tried, but the message came back as undeliverable. I tried to track this person down, but wasn't successful. So even if they were shown as contactable (?), you still might not have heard back.

It's possible that whoever posted the tree on Ancestry has either died, lost interest, or had a change in circumstances (e.g., illness, looking after children/spouse/parent, etc.., new job, no job, moved, etc...).

If they're still interested in their family tree (or become interested again), and if you've posted your surname/area interests here or elsewhere on the Web (with your current e-mail address), they'll find you eventually. Or someone else will find you both.

If they're not doing their family history anymore, I don't think there's much you can do - unless, perhaps, you can find out who they are/were by Googling their Ancestry screen name (a long shot, but worth a try).

Good luck -

Tim
            "If we're lucky, one day our names and dates will appear in our descendants' family trees."

Comment

hi tim, thanks for that, Ill give it a go, I looked at their profile and it says they updated a couple of days ago, so keeping fingers xd they'll see my message in their comments box.

jean

Comment

Working...
              X