Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure where to look next......Help

Hello all,

I have an Andrew Sharp b1883 Slamannan Stirlingshire.

he married: Dunfermline Fife 1905, Eliza campbell Mcfarlane b1878.

She died 1914 and this is the last I have on him, he was present on death cert.

I know ww1 was at this time, he was a coal miner and could of gone to Canada or USA.

I have looked for a death for him and drawn a blank.

Help1 what do I do next........Please!

Lynne

Have you tried the passenger lists on Findmypast, and the 1920 and 1930 USA censuses on ancestry?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hi KiteRunner

No! Ancestry went off last night (maestro!!) and Findmypast How would i know which was him?

Thanks for reply.

Comment

Where did she die ? Did they have children?

Could he have remarried between 1911 and 1932 there appears only have been to be 3 marriages in Fife and 3 in Stirlingshire for Andrew Sharp(e)

There is an Andrew Sharp (a miner) - almost the right age from Fife in the WWI Pension Records 1914 but said he is married next of kin is Mrs M Sharp and none of the 3 Fife marriages "wife's" name started with M.
        Last edited by deletejb; 04-04-08, 06:46.

Comment

When you say you have looked for a death for him and drawn a blank - where have you looked? He could have died in England perhaps?

When you say he could have gone to USA/Canada, do you have any reason for this, or are you just guessing because you can't find him? Equally he could have gone to Australia, or Trinidad or any number of places.
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Hi all

Thanks for your replies,

First, she died dunfermline. second, The only child at the moment was b1911 dunfermline there must be more but as yet not found any.

Lynne

Comment

Working...
            X