Zone alarm security suite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zone alarm security suite

For years Ive used all the freebie av programs but after my last card skimming recently Ive wondered whether to go for an all in one paid for package. Ive googled and looked at Which and they recommend Zone alarm security suite as the best package.

Ive just downloaded the 15 day trial and rightly or wrongly it does make me feel more secure than all the different freebie programs Ive always used. Thing is the package is for up to 3 puters. It has already detected that I am networked to my sons computer - will the security suite automatically cover his computer aswell? I see it has a tab for gaming - so that it doesnt keep jumping up when you are using that mode. Son was a pain when he used my puter for gaming as he would turn firewalls off because they interfered with his games.

BTW, it found and deleted 14 spywares and Ive only had this on for a couple of hours since it came today.

Hi Heather,

I'm not really clued up on technical things, but do you mean will it cover your son's computer without actually putting the programme on to it. I would think you'll have to install the programme on his too, you presumably got a licence no with it.

Just out of curiosity what price is it as I see that it varies depending where you download it from.
    On download.com it's §39.95 for 1 comp or §49.95 for 3
    Christine in Portugal

Comment

Or free for a year for one PC:
      TrialPay - An Alternative Shopping Cart and Online Payment Solution for Merchants

Comment

I saw that offer Lyn but didn't look at it, no idea how that works
        Christine in Portugal

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Portugal View Post
          I saw that offer Lyn but didn't look at it, no idea how that works
          It must be Kosher, cos it was on the ZoneAlarm Update page when I went to update. I didn't try it though! Still thinking about it....takes me a long time to decide these days, especially if it means change. :o

Comment

Originally posted by Lyn A View Post
            It must be Kosher, cos it was on the ZoneAlarm Update page when I went to update. I didn't try it though! Still thinking about it....takes me a long time to decide these days, especially if it means change. :o
            I saw it last night and then again this morning when I did the update for the free zonealarm. I've not had any problems with the free programmes (touch wood) so am not changing either.
            Christine in Portugal

Comment

Me neither, but I thought that as Heather is trialing the full suite, and if she still likes it at the end, she may want use the freebie for the year.

Comment

Hi guys - the trial pay thing is a bit of a catch - Ive had offers from them before - you have to sort of earn points by dragging in all your mates to buy other stuff. And that one is for a US site so I dont know if we could use it?

There is a difference in price between US and UK sites though, which I have queried with them. $49 on the US site but £39 on the UK one.
                Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 04-04-08, 13:15.

Comment

LYN, I have to apologise - I went to have a look and its not the thing I thought where you have to save points and send it to mates. In fact I just bought some ink from Ink Club (which I always use anyway) for a tenner and Ive been given the free one year with Zone Alarm security suite worth £29? Amazing. Only problem is when I bought the ink I nipped back to the Trialpay site to check status and it said Id been given the freebie and gave me the activation code for it - I highlighted and copied it and when the zone alarm suite had loaded I had to restart the puter. When it gets to the bit asking for the activation code I tried to paste but it wouldnt do it :(. I went back to trialpay but the notification of the code isnt there now. It did say it would email me with it aswell but no sign of it yet.

BUT many thanks, Im sure Ill sort that and its saved me the £29. It may be they will offer me an upgrade to cover 2 more puters for a tenner or something. Ill let you know. But yes, people, worth doing as its all in one including stealth and checking logging and all that stuff.
                  Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 04-04-08, 21:01.

Comment

Hi Heather, perhaps you have put the code in manually. if you have not switched off perhaps you can still print it out and them make at note of it.

Comment

No James, I highlighted and pasted it because it was a long number but when I went back there after the puter restarted and the program asked for the code the page has gone. Ive emailed them asking for it. They did say they would send it quickly but no sign yet.

UPDATE, brilliant, got my password for my account, got the validation code and woo hoo, yep a years free zone alarm security suite for zilcho. MANY THANKS LYN
                      Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 04-04-08, 18:34.

Comment

Working...
                      X