Probably stupid question about FTF gedcom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably stupid question about FTF gedcom

Have you all got your whole trees on the FTF Gedcom, even if it amounts to 1,000 names or more? Or is it more appropriate to put up main lines only?

The reason I ask is, (having been updating mine lately) I have several lines with well over 100 of the same surname. Does this clutter things up unnecessarily, or is ok to chuck every 3rd cousin on?

I am speaking as someone who has never yet been able to open the Smith page - my computer freezes every time, lolol

Bev I have a few names where there is loads of the same, you dont know the 1 name you leave of could bring up a match via a marriage , ,,,put them all on
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

All mine are on including a few "floaters", usually grandchildren named in a will where I haven't ordered a birth cert to match them to the correct parent.

Comment

I have all mine on as well.

I've done a couple of one name studies (one complete one and one for a couple of villages).

You never know where the match is going to come from so I say include whatever you want.
        Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

Phew, that's a relief!
          Thank you ladies, I will plod on adding names then!

Comment

Im slightly peeved, I was sure I backed up my tree to internet just before I undid the computer last night and Ive just restored and the latest names Ive added are missing :(

Comment

Oh Heather dam that's a nuisance ;;hope you find them
              borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

That's seriously annoying Heather, hope there weren't too many of them.

Comment

Working...
                X