Albany Street London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albany Street London

I have an ancestor who lived in Albany Street, off the Commercial Road, East London in 1845/6. This is not the one in Camberwell or in Regent's Park. It's only a small road and from what I can see on Multimap it's now a rather run down industrial estate. I'd love to find a picture of the street in Victorian times. Google Images has nothing so I think I'm stuck. Any ideas?
    Paul Barton, Special Agent

Hear my themetune on http://www.turnipnet.com/radio/dickbarton.wav

I don't know if you would find anything online, Paul, but you could try the website for whichever archive covers this area.

Or you might have to wait till you can travel to the archive or the nearest sizable library. The London Metropolitan Archives or possibly the Bishopsgate Library Bishopsgate - Bishopsgate Library are the first two that spring to mind.

Albany Street isn't mentioned in London in the 19th Century by Jerry White, which I am reading at the moment.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Have you tried the Tower Hamlets Archives? They've got photos of the area on line and probably others in the archive. Idea Store - Created and Managed by Tower Hamlets Council - Home

There some of Commercial Rd and surroundings...
      Sue

Comment

Working...
      X