Searching for Birth registration/cert for Charles Chinn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for Birth registration/cert for Charles Chinn

I have a school record for Charles Chinn, born 27 July 1901,parent or guardian Gilbert.

Charles would have been born in Edmonton, London.

I belive his mother was Alice Chinn (formerly Martin) but need to find a birth cert or registration to confirm this.

He was later sent to a Dr Barnardos Childrens Home in 1912 after his parents died.

Need to confirm if he is in fact my great grandads brother or if he is not a relation.

Help please, I've had no luck so far.

Kayleigh,

I have looked at the 3rd and 4th Quarters of 1901 and the 1st Quarter of 1902, to no avail I'm afraid. There is no Charles Chinn, let alone any other 'Chinn' born in Edmonton at that time. Sorry..........

Chris

Comment

the only one I could find born in Edmonton was in 1918

Comment

Probably off the scale here, but I have found a Charles Alfred A. Gilbert, 1st Q., 1902, district - Edmonton. Any good?

Chris

Comment

Hi Chris, wouldn't mind havin a look at that one, you never know. Do you have the parents names?

Thank you

Comment

Sorry, Kayleigh - it just gives the volume and page number. Too early to have the mother's maiden name, I'm afraid.

Chris

Comment

Oh dear.... This one's a mystery. Need parents names to link him to my tree ideally. Hmm... Back to the drawing board!

Comment

Kayleigh, I've now recieved the copies of the certificates. Thankyou very much. And I've sent you a report on what I have on Martha & Elias, I've listed some births & deaths that may or maybe not related - perhaps some the ones you are looking for?

Hope you recieved my e-mail ok.
                Sue

Comment

Hay Sue. Got your email thanks. I'll get the info printed and have a good read tonight. Much appretiated.

Comment

I see there is a marriage for Gilbert Chinn in Mar 1910 in Edmonton to either Phyliss Annie Burn or Annie Hasler, so could Charles be Gilbert's stepson or illegitimate son, registered under his mother's surname but changed his surname to Chinn when his mother married Gilbert? But I can't see a Charles Burn or Charles Hasler born Sep 1901 in Edmonton, though of course the mother could have had a different surname in 1901.
                    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
                    X