Lost the address for recent wills ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost the address for recent wills ???

I need to send for 2 wills one from about 1998 the other even more recent cannot find the address I had thanks .
    And do I need to send anything else like proof of who I am .

I presume (but not certain) that you send to York just like any will after 1858.

The address is

Postal Searches and Copies Dept (cheques to HM Paymaster General)
    York Probate sub registry
    1st Floor
    Castle Chambers
    Clifford Street
    YORK
    YO1 9RG

A will is a public document and anyone can apply for a copy.

Anne

Comment

thats the one , thanks Anne

Comment

Anne, thanks for putting the address up, can you tell me how much it costs to get a copy Please?
        Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Its £5 each Daphne. I find its better to search the Probate claendars and find if there actually was a will, but the £5 does cover a ?3 year search.

Sometimes they come quite quickly but sometimes it takes so long to arrive you've forgotten you sent for it!!

Anne

Comment

This is the website that gives all the details for applying for wills after 1858

Publications - Guidance - Probate - Guide to obtaining copies of probate records

Link to the application form for those Wills

Jewels

Comment

Anne and Jewels, thanks for that info, great to be able to download a form. My application is going in the post today.

Jewels, I always end up taking a second look at your name here, I've a sister named Jewel.
              Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Glad to be of help, I dont think I'm your sister, well not unless my Dads not telling me something lol.........

Is Jewel your sisters real name or is she a Julie like me?

Jewels

Comment

Julie, her real name is Jewel, apparently my dad read it in a book and gave her that name before my mum could say anything :D think she got her own back with my name though:o
                  Daphne

Comment

I've never known anyone actually called Jewel before, I wonder what name you would have had if left to your Dad........:D

Jewels

Comment

Working...
                    X