Start Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start Up

My OH tried to update his TomTom a few weeks ago & ever since his TomTom home page opens every time I turn the PC on. Previously, it sat quietly in the task bar until it was needed. Now it's driving me mad.
    How do I stop it opening automatically? I've searched Help to no avail.

Thank you

Geraldine

PS - I have XP

Whichever browser you are using will give you an option to change your homepage to whatever you like.

In IE it is under Tools>Options>General.

In Firefox it is under Tools>Options>Main.

Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Do you mean the tomtom home opens up - not the browser /

On tomtom home go to preferences ( sorry I use a mac can rem what pc users call it) there is 3 tick boxes de select the one that says

"Start Tomtom Home automatically when my computer starts"

Comment

If you have "Home" with a down arrow head on a Task Bar, first bring up a page you want to open with, click on "Home" and you can change to the one you brought up.

Comment

Hi again Geraldine

Just popped on hubbies laptop which has xp - on the Tomtom Home application
          once opened select preferences the top option is Tomtom Home preferences select this and you can stop the application opening up at startup buy just unclicking the box.

Comment

Woohoo! That did it. Thank you :p

Comment

Isnt this community wonderful. Virtually anything we ask, be it computers, health, info, whatever - some kind souls will come up with solutions.

Comment

Originally posted by Heather Positive Thinker View Post
                Isnt this community wonderful. Virtually anything we ask, be it computers, health, info, whatever - some kind souls will come up with solutions.
                It certainly is

Geraldine

Comment

Working...
                X