Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you make of this marriage index?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you make of this marriage index?

from Freebmd:

Marriages Dec 1914
    ANDREWS William R Hart St. Martin 1a 1329
    >>>Fuelling May Puddephatt St.Martin 1a 1329
    HART Violet Andrews St. Martin 1a 1329
    >>>Mash May Puddephatt St.Martin 1a 1329
    >>>PUDDEPHATT William Fuelling Or Mash

The other couple, Hart and Andrews are possibly rellies of OH. I thought perhaps if my name was Mash or Fuelling I might want to change it, but not to Puddephatt!
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Erm........The woman has had two previous surnames. Either Mash or Fuelling is her maiden name and the other one is her name at the time of the marriage (presume her first married surname)

How it is that her middle name is the same as her husband's surname is anyones guess! Maybe they are related?
    Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 31-03-08, 12:29.

Comment

I've come across PUDDEPHATT as a (current) surname in SW Herts.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Nell - you would be amazed at the number of Puddyphatt/Puddiphatt's there are! I only know there are umpteen as they appear in the BMD's just above my 'Pudney' reprobates!

Chris

Comment

Oooh, I used to know the meaning and origins of the name Puddepat - but I 've forgotten!

It's foreign in origin.....Flemish?

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
            Erm........The woman has had two previous surnames. Either Mash or Fuelling is her maiden name and the other one is her name at the time of the marriage (presume her first married surname)

How it is that her middle name is the same as her husband's surname is anyones guess! Maybe they are related?
            I read the entry to be one where spouses names are given so don't think Puddephatt was her middle name Merry.
            Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

OOps, yes, when I looked at FreeBMD I realised I had read it wrong. OK so May had been previously married (most likely)

Comment

First marriage?

Marriages Sep 1900
                Fuelling William Mash Maidenhead 2c 832
                Mash May Maidenhead 2c 832

Comment

But what a wonderful sequence of names
                  Mash - Fuelling - Puddephatt

I don't have any females who married more than twice and none of them have such exotic names!
                  ~ with love from Little Nell~
                  Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Quite!

And when I looked for the Fuelling/Mash married I was surprised there were three of them in about 20 years. I didn't expect more than one!

Comment

Working...
                    X