Elaine, you can password protect FTM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elaine, you can password protect FTM!

Remember recently when I was trying to reassure someone who was uneasy about putting on their homepage through FTM and I said oh you can password protect so only your invited people can see it? And you asked how? And I said it was a loose term that you wouldnt have it open to the public? WELL, you can password protect it!

If you go to your home page and then edit you bring up the options and one is password protection. Ive put it on mine because Ive had people sitting on there for 2 or 3 hours a day and yet no one has contacted me!

I dont know if it is retrospective, in that old google page shots may bring it up still?

Oh well done - never noticed that before!

I suppose it really depends whether you have put your tree on there to share with family and friends, in which case the password is great - or whether you have put it there in the hope that someone can find a connection through google.

By the way - I can still access your home page and view your photos - but cannot get into any of the surname listings! :(:(:(

- so at least you know the password is working!
    Elaine

Comment

And i can't update mine, the date says it was recent but nothing from pre xmas is getting onto the site, photos and text stuff can be done ok but no new names, notes etc is getting through.

Ancestry haven't helped much either and they won't consolidate my genealogy.com and ancestry accounts (apparently that is the problem). So i'm short of about 50 "new" Goulson names and around 30 new "Elmer" entries too. Poor old Daft Pogson is missing the notes added since December and half his kids too!!!!
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
      My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
      My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post

By the way - I can still access your home page and view your photos - but cannot get into any of the surname listings! :(:(:(

- so at least you know the password is working!

I can access everything on your tree Val!!!! Don't know why Elaine can't see any!
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by WendyPusey View Post
          I can access everything on your tree Val!!!! Don't know why Elaine can't see any!
          ... maybe because I was trying to access Heather's tree! ;)
          Elaine

Comment

LOL.

I was hoping that the actual text cant be read but I left the pics unpassworded as my newly found second cousin wants to copy some to show her dad (my cousin). You can choose what you want to password. But Wendy may be right that you may be able to access info via old Google site shots?

Glen, you have to fiddle with the registry to consolidate your accounts. I had to do that last week when I got the new puter. They emailed me the new key or something and very clear details how to do it. Give them another rollicking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
              ... maybe because I was trying to access Heather's tree! ;)

Sorry typo, meant to put Heather not Val!!!!:o

I could access Heather's tree, but now when I try again I can't!!!!!
              Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Oh brilliant Wendy, must have been a short time lag. Well they can see names on there so if they want to contact me they can but I dont like the idea of people sitting there for 2 hours doing gawd know what but not feeling the need to contact me. Im also a bit nervy about identity theft since my second incident of card skimming last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Heather Positive Thinker View Post
                  LOL.

I was hoping that the actual text cant be read but I left the pics unpassworded as my newly found second cousin wants to copy some to show her dad (my cousin). You can choose what you want to password. But Wendy may be right that you may be able to access info via old Google site shots?

Glen, you have to fiddle with the registry to consolidate your accounts. I had to do that last week when I got the new puter. They emailed me the new key or something and very clear details how to do it. Give them another rollicking about it.

They are supposed to do it automatically, Russ even gives the thread number etc on genforums but i have tried twice over the last month and they haven't even replied with my passwords to confirm the duplicates. Hence i now have a tree on TP but i can't add the books and suchlike there.
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                  My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                  My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Working...
                  X