Anybody upgraded Ancestry ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody upgraded Ancestry ????

As I have found a few were in Canada I am thinking of upgrading my UK only subscription .
    Any ideas how much to expect to pay and would you say its worth it ??? thanks

HI Val

I didn't up grade my .co.uk ancestry I just added the Canada one so now have both .co.uk and .ca all on the one account cost under £30 - and runs for a year my uk one has still about 6 months to run so renewal will be at different times.

Comment

ooh Jan did not know you could just do that thanks

Comment

Val, don't forget that some of the Canadian censuses are available free - there is one on FamilySearch and a couple which I think will be listed in the Wiki under Canada - sorry, not got time to find the links just now. But I would suggest you see what you can find for free before paying ancestry for the extra sub. Also, if you are only going to look at a few things in Canada on ancestry then you can buy some pay-as-you-go credits for that.

By the way, I have upgraded mine to the World sub because of the discount and I have rellies in Canada, USA and Australia (to name but a few!) but I haven't used it that much yet.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

thanks Kite I dont need the census records unless they are for later than 1911 as I have seen the free ones.
          I know where somebody married and was hoping to find her siblings and where she and her husband died in canada
          Also trying to find her sister who migrated with her under the Barnados scheme.

Comment

I don't think that returns for later censuses have been released. As far as I know the latest Canadian census available is 1911, and that's free on the internet, although I don't think it's completely indexed.
            Jenny

Comment

I am looking more for the births of any children and deaths of a few people. thanks

Comment

Working...
              X