Irish Wills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Wills

This is wonderful - but apologies if it has been posted already.

For a long time the Public Records Office of Northern Ireland have had free access to signatures on the Ulster Covenant and to Freeholders lists.

Well! They are halfway through dealing with what remains of the wills for Armagh, Londonderry & Belfast. See Search the archives | Public Record Office of Northern Ireland for what they've got at the moment. I've just found 4 definite ancestors and a few probables!

Having looked a little further, I'm guessing that Armagh, Londonderry & Belfast were the three centres for all wills from Ulster. I'm finding people left, right and centre!

Have fun!
    Last edited by wulliam; 24-03-08, 15:36. Reason: more info
    Kind regards,
    William
    Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

Is nobody excited by this?? - I've found out so much!
    Kind regards,
    William
    Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

Comment

I have tried to search it, but when I put in a surname that I am looking for, I do come up with a list, but when I click onto it, I only get a blank screen??? what am I doing wrong??

He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

regional co-ordinator South West.

Comment

Originally posted by wulliam View Post
        Is nobody excited by this?? - I've found out so much!
        Yes, I'm very excited by it! I've found lots of possible links for OH's tree!
        Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by Speedy View Post
          I have tried to search it, but when I put in a surname that I am looking for, I do come up with a list, but when I click onto it, I only get a blank screen??? what am I doing wrong??
          I don't know what could be wrong. Are you clicking on the little details button on the right?
          Sarah

Comment

Working...
          X