disappointed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disappointed

I was over the moon recently as I had made contact with the grandson of my great grand aunt, or in other words my dads 2nd cousin (I think)
    But as it was a SMITH connection I was hoping maybe I would get to see some pictures or gather some info. He is 81 and lives with in access to me. So yesterday I finally got around to phoning him to arrange to meet up and show him my Smith certificates and other details etc but its a no no!!!!
    He said he is not really interested in the Smith side....argh!!
    He doesnt have any info for me or pictures either.
    He did tell me the story of my great grand aunt though. He had said previously that she had spent a lot of time in an institution and that he remembered visiting her once when he was about 5 years old.
    Anyway the story in the family is that a soldier was having some sort of arguement and when he came home on leave he went to the wrong house which was my great grand aunts and stormed in and had a go at her. This is what sent her over the edge and she never recovered from it.

Oh well back to the drawing board!!!

Ah well - at least you got a little bit of info.

The next 'relation' you contact might be the one to help you further.

Good luck.

Comment

Ahh sorry to hear that Gloryer, my one direct link to my Mams side wont tell me nothing. he tells me to stop this research "nonsense" because i may get hurt..............this makes me all the more determined and if i get hurt in the process then i will have to deal with it.

I am slowly getting there with the help of some very kind people.

None of us know whats around the corner.........hope things come together for you!!

Jacky xx
      Jacky

Comment

Gloryer...at 81,he probably knows more,but won`t "tell tales"...my father died aged 80 ,and wouldn`t tell me alot of family secrets...it was only when he died 2 years ago that i learnt a few things about my family...with a bit of gentle persuasion you may get more info from him...don`t give up....have you told him how really important it is to you...he may think its just `tittle tattle`....regards...allan
        Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
        oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
        adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
        merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
        coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

He did say that he is now at the stage where he wished he had asked his mum about the family...

Comment

I sympathise with you Gloryer! my Mum was against me looking into our family's past and told me I might find things I wish I hadn't! That only made me want to look more!!!!!

I have since found several skeletons, missing people and a gt,gran who 'possibly' had something to do with her husband's death(?), and then went on to have 2 more children after his death but put his name down as father on their BCs!!!!!!

This is why they call us 'Family Tree Detectives'---lol

Good Luck, Sheilah x

Comment

Working...
            X