Find my past Password refused ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find my past Password refused ???

I dont usually access the site from this laptop just tried to and its saying wrong password , well I know it isnt ?? any ideas

First question I ask the kids is "Have you got Caps lock on by mistake?" or maybe Num Lock is off - if you have numbers in it.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

When was the last time you used it?

I had an email recently urging me to go visit of they'd cancel my account due to inactivity.
      Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

I tried all that thanks Caroline
        I used it not long ago on my pc Zoe wonder if its maybe my cookies ???
        thanks for your replies

Comment

Maybe Findmypast is one of those sites that only allows you access from one computer? There is another one - is it The Genealogist? - which I fell foul of as I tried to get in using a different browser to the one I'd been using when I set up my account. It wouldn't recognise my password and kept telling me I was using a different computer ...which I wasn't... which was against their rules.

Ann
          ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
          Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

um Ann very interesting, you coud be right I also had trouble gettings on gr

Comment

Originally posted by Ann from Sussex View Post
              Maybe Findmypast is one of those sites that only allows you access from one computer? There is another one - is it The Genealogist? - which I fell foul of as I tried to get in using a different browser to the one I'd been using when I set up my account. It wouldn't recognise my password and kept telling me I was using a different computer ...which I wasn't... which was against their rules.

Ann

Don't think so.

I have accessed find my past on my laptop and OH's PC

Comment

I'm sure it (findmypast) uses cookies to sign you on because it always signs me on automatically on my own computer, and never seems to ask me to put in my user name and password. Is there something you can click on if you've forgotten your password?
                KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

thanks kite yes there is but it was over easter and I doubt I would have got a prompt reply

Comment

Val, on most sites there is an automatic "forgotten my password" system so it shouldn't make any difference if it is Easter or whatever. But unfortunately as I can't seem to make findmypast stop logging me on automatically, I can't check what their log on screen looks like to see what you can click on!
                    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

If you're having trouble with more than one site, it sounds as though you haven't set your browser on your laptop to allow cookies.

Comment

thanks Mary it seems to be sorted for a while hope it stays like it .

Comment

Working...
                        X