No announcement yet.

IE keeps freezing..please can you help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE keeps freezing..please can you help?

Hi

If I use AOL to connect to the internet I have no problems but when I try to use IE, it just shows 'connecting' but never manages to do so. I end up having to use 'control alt delete' to clear it. Someone told me this is because I am with AOL...does any know if this is so or if I have a problem with my pc?

Tricia

Try Microsoft Discussion Groups all very helpful experts on there.

Comment

Thanks James, I will try that.

Tricia

Comment

I find IE does that quite often. I'm on aol.

I was using firefox and found that much better, then I found another browser called Flock and it's brilliant I use it all the time.

Comment

Thanks Genied

I will try that also.

Tricia

Comment

I always connect to the internet via AOL. If I want to use IE, I then minimise AOL and click on the icon for IE to bring it up. I do actually prefer the AOL browser but use IE if I'm searching Google for web sites as that is the only way I can get the McAfee Site Adviser (which is part of AOL's Security Suite, so why won't it work with AOL?) to work.

Ann
            ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
            Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

Hi Ann

Thanks for your reply. I think I will leave well alone and stick with using AOL, at least I am used to it. I had a look at Microsoft message boards as suggested by James but couldn't find anything.

Tricia

Comment

Tricia you need to pose a question and someone will answer.

Comment

Tricia, have you tried seeing if there are any updates on the MS site that you need?

Comment

Working...
                  X