FTM 2006 - home page "waiting for stat counter"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2006 - home page "waiting for stat counter"

Well, Ive had to follow ancestrys instructions to get my home page to recognise new puter but now that I can view it through FTM it just freezes with a little message bottom right "waiting for www.statcounter". Im assuming this is the stat counter we attached to our homepages. Any idea how I can get shot of it?

On the same lines I foolishly went to download incredimail smilies then decided not to but every time I start up the puter there it is asking me if I want to install it. Ive been on control panel and deleted it - I even saw it lurking in the registry when I had to go there following ancestrys instructions to change my unique account number and I deleted it there but still its popping up each time:(

You need to edit your home page via FTM.
    You will find the html code for your statcounter attached to the end of one of your photo descriptions. Just scroll through them all until you find it, and then remove it.
    Elaine

Comment

Oh thanks for that Elaine. Can you scroll through all your photos on FTM - didnt realise that.

Comment

Sorry didn't explain myself properly!
        Go into FTM,
        select INTERNET / UPDATE OR EDIT MY HOME PAGE

Once you are in edit mode on the home page you should then be able to see the listing of the photos you have added - check which one you added the Statcounter HTML to, and delete it.
        Elaine

Comment

No forget that Heather - just tried it and it doesn't work!
          Elaine

Comment

I think it must be something to do with Vista blocking "www.statcounter.com" because I can view your home page without any problem!

There must be a way of telling Vista to accept the statcounter page.
            Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine, in fact I still couldnt get on my home page - it just froze and as Id kept getting messages about firefox not responding I went back and made IE my default browser and got in straight away. So it appears there is a conflict with firefox/genealogy.com that was causing the problem. Ive also uploaded my ftm to internet no prob now and Im currently updating the home page.
              Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 23-03-08, 12:09.

Comment

I am using Firefox Heather so its not a conflict between that and genealogy.com
                Elaine

Comment

Well I cant give a reason then Elaine. I was using firefox and had the prob then I changed to IE and didnt . I kept getting messages on the ftm "firefox not responding" I dont know may be a VISTA/firefox/genealogy.com thing then

Comment

As long as its working Heather!
                    Elaine

Comment

Try clearing the Firefox cache and cookies.

Comment

I seem to be ok except I just swopped over to firefox and the screen froze. Couldnt get out so had to reset. Then the puter ran through the disk check thing and I could just about read things like "orphan file" and other things I dont know anything about. Blow me Ive only had it a few days how come I get all these orphans etc. on here???

Comment

Working...
                        X