Think I may have found his wife confirmation needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think I may have found his wife confirmation needed

I have a Marriage Cert 1902 Groom Alexander Miller Bride Esther Bruce aged 28
    I have trawled through the Census records found a Esther looks like it may be mistranscribed as Bruse born Kingsbury aged 29 living in Hendon
    RG13/122/38
    Could somebody take a look please thanks , and more to the point do you think she just may be the right one ?????

Well Val, its not as though you have oodles of candidates for this bride, is it?!

I think the image clearly says Bruce. However her age looks more like 39 than 29 to my eyes, especially compared with other 3 and 2s on same page.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

I think it looks more like 39 as well.

However, it's not unheard of for a bride to take a great slice of years off!

Can't see her on earlier censuses at the mo though....(any age!)

What's her dad's details??
      Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 22-03-08, 15:18.

Comment

There is an Ester Bunce on the 1891 - born 1861 Kingsbury

RG12; Piece: 1049; Folio 103; Page 54;

I thought it might have been a mistranscription but it looks quite clear on the image. :(

UPDATE Can probably forget that one as she appears as Bunce on the 1871 census as well!
        Elaine

Comment

Father of Esther should be Henry Bruce, Gas Worker. (who doesn't appear anywhere! lol)

Maybe they came down from Scotland?

Comment

ooer thanks everyone
            Merry her father according to the cert was a Henry gas worker do you think it could be him ???????????????
            Please say yes

Comment

Eh?????! Could who be him??

I don't think anyone's found anything yet Val?!!

I just copied what you said about Henry on the other thread, to let people know who they were looking for!!

Comment

Alexander Miller was only 23 in 1901. What age did he give on the marriage cert?

Do you know if this couple had children?

Comment

sorry got visitors
                  looks like I misunderstood, he was born in 1882 although it says 1877 on the 1901 census and he says 25 on the marriage cert,
                  I dont know about children yet although I think I have found a couple of their babies who died under a year old am sending for the certs.
                  I also think I have found their deaths, his in 1914 hers in 1918 both in Whitechapel so am going to send for those too.
                  Last edited by Guest; 22-03-08, 19:34.

Comment

Working...
                  X