Jowitt-Brook & Jowitt-Thomas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jowitt-Brook & Jowitt-Thomas

Seeking any info on the descendants of Ethel Mary Jowitt, b. Levenshulme, Lancashire, 1883, who married Percy Brook in 1906 in Manchester
    and
    Hilda Jowitt, b. Chorlton-Cum-Hardy, Lancashire, 1885, who married Charles R. Thomas in 1909 in Manchester.

I think that means a tedious slog through the GRO birth indexes, though after 1911 mother's maiden name in the index makes it a bit easier.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

bit late but
      Q1 1923
      Brook Marion W MMn Jowitt Wakefield
      Jess

Comment

bit late but
        Q1 1923
        Brook Marion W MMn Jowitt Wakefield

Thanks for this info, Jess. Does it mean that Marion's mother's maiden name was Jowitt? Can you tell me where to look online for these records?

Comment

Yes it does.
          Ancestry has the complete images, but it means going through the relevant bit of the alphabet for each quarter of each year that you might want to check.

There are other sites which charge.

Freebmd is free but doesn't have a lot after the beginning of 20th c.
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Thanks for the info; I see what you mean then about it making for a continuous slog through the records! However, I guess it's better than no info at all....

Strange how some people have info going back many, many generations but when it comes to descendants, they have nothing.:o

Comment

Working...
            X