parish discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parish discs

Ok so i have probably called them by the wrong name. My friend brought me the BVRI 16 cd set from easter. I have managed to find a little bit on them but was wondering if the parish cd's cover more than what is covered on these ones as one family haven't been touched upon and non of their wifes.

Thankyou in advance.
    Jen

Jen,

The BIVRI is only very scantily transcribed, some areas very much more than others.

Your best bet would be to contact the local FHS for the area you are interested in and see if they have transcribed any parish records for that area.

I have Nottinghamshire bapts/marriages/burials and have found them to be very helpful, and what isnt covered on them you can usually find on hugh wallis/IGI.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thankyou Julie i am interested in Yorkshire but not sure which exact part. I have never used the Hugh Wallis site infact i dont think i have heard of it before but do use the IGI almost every day.
      Jen

Comment

Jennie

Hugh Wallis Batch Numbers site is a gateway to the IGI.

Hugh Wallis lists (by County) all the churches whose ecords are on the IGI. You select a church, click the batch number and a search page comes up which is connected to the IGI.

It therefore gives you ONLY extracted records, not the annoying fantasy submitted ones.

Drawbacks - has not been updated for years, so you may need to still search the IGI from the LDS site.

Super advantage - it runs on a separate server to the LDS so is not subject to rotation as is the LDS IGI.

Also investigate the LDS library tag on their site and see exactly what records they do hold - not everything they have is on line, but you can borrow the film to view at your nearest LDS centre.

OC

Comment

Thankyou for the explanation OC i can understand a bit more now.
          Is this the right site IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America

Will have to go and have a look in the LDS Library sounds interesting.
          Thankyou again.
          Jen

Comment

Working...
          X