Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the weather affect a wireless connection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the weather affect a wireless connection?

Further question #5

Had terrible trouble late last night / early this morning getting a wireless connection. The same the night before.

The wind and rain was awful last night.

Is that a coincidence or not?

I could get a connection with an ethernet cable but not wirelessly.
    Last edited by Margaret in Burton; 22-03-08, 13:53.

I noticed that the other night when it was really windy I suppose the air waves were being blown about

Comment

Atmospheric conditions can affect wireless internet connections,

As can, tinsel, fluorescent lights, mobile phones, cordless house phones, poorly shielded electrical items, reinforced concrete walls...... the list could be quite long.

The golden rule is to only use a wireless connection if you need to.. If it is possible to use a wired connection, ie your PC remains next to your modem or router, then I would recommend that you do so.

Wireless is always going to be a compromise as it can be affected by so many things
      https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Grimsqueaker View Post
        Atmospheric conditions can affect wireless internet connections,

As can, tinsel, fluorescent lights, mobile phones, cordless house phones, poorly shielded electrical items, reinforced concrete walls...... the list could be quite long.

The golden rule is to only use a wireless connection if you need to.. If it is possible to use a wired connection, ie your PC remains next to your modem or router, then I would recommend that you do so.

Wireless is always going to be a compromise as it can be affected by so many things
        Thank you.

Bit difficult with one PC but it is going to be moved soon.

It just seems to be at night mostly we have problems.

The router is just behind me so I could wire my laptop whilst I'm in the same room.

Comment

I have been googling about this problem and keep reading about changing the channel on the router as it could clash with a neighbours signal.

1: Is this a good idea?

2: How do I do it and to what?

We used to have BT homehub but have just replaced the 3rd one of those with a BT Voyager 2110 Wireless Router.

Comment

Working...
          X