• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winifred Nora Cooper burial reference please

I am asking for help again!

This time I am looking for a death reference for;

Winifred Nora Cooper, born 29/10/1898
    died 12/12/2002.

Is it possible to order death certificates for such a recent death?

Also her husband
    Frederick Arthur Cooper born 24/01/1899
    Died 15/04/1968

I got this information from IGI but there are no references for certificates.

Many Thanks

Brenda

Brenda, first of all, are you after burial details (as per your thread title) or death certificates? The death cert won't give any burial details if they died in England or Wales.
    Secondly, the IGI entries may or may not be correct - if you check on the actual GRO death indexes then hopefully you will be able to find the entries and get the full references. The indexes are available on several sites including Genealogy and Family History Records - Ancestry.co.uk and http://www.findmypast.com
    The 2002 death index will be fully indexed by name because the whole system was computerised by that date, but you will have to look through a page or two of the typed index to find the one in the 1960's.

Then when you have the references, go to the GRO site to see if you can order the certs. The 1960's one will definitely be o.k. and the site will give you all the info on whether you can order the more recent one or not.
    Registration Services - Certificate Ordering Service
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

hi Thanks for the info.

I want to order a death certificate preferably for Winifred, so need GRO reference, if I cannot order one for her, then I would order Fredericks.

I have looked for the GRO number on the usual sites, but I do not have a subscription For Ancestry and that is needed for the 2002 death. Fredericks does not seem to be on there at all.

Comment

Brenda.....

Winifred's death is East Dorset......Reg number B13...Entry 293.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks libby...much obliged!!

Brenda

Comment

There are a few Freds for that quarter around his age. The one who is 69 is a Frederick M Cooper Don Valley.

Give us a yell if you want it or the others.

Comment

His name was Frederick Arthur Cooper, if that helps

Comment

No Frederick Arthur Coopers. Only one that age is Frederick M Cooper. Some other Fredericks, but wrong age. Would he have the exact age on his death cert? Do you know the area?

Comment

I would guess at Poole or somewhere in Dorset as that is where they married and that is where Winifred died. I got the death date from IGI. He was born in Tottenham London.

Comment

It must have been submitted to not have a place. So it could be wrong. Are you sure his second name was Arthur? I take it they were married??? Do you have the marriage cert?

Comment

There is an Arthur F Cooper right age.

Comment

Sorry..had to go to bed!!!

No I do not have a marriage certificate,but the information is on IGI, including Fredericks parents, so I do have the correct Frederick.

I have just checked IGI again and it is definately Frederick Arthur Cooper.
                        Born Sheffield Ref SH239/page 58

Brenda

Comment

It is a mystery, but dont spend any more time looking. As winifred died after Frederick...looks as though she was 104...her death certificate will be more use for tracing descendants.

You are in a lovely part of OZ!!, my daughter was in Australia for 4 years and has citizenship, so we have been a few times.

Thanks so much for your help.

Brenda

Comment

Working...
                          X