Man in Pub 5 years younger was mine YES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man in Pub 5 years younger was mine YES

Remember I asked about how old you had to be to work in a Pub as I thought my rellie was there in Bromley 1901 well it was him
    Only thing is it says married so I sent for two certs which were likely, one was a hunch and yes thats the right one.
    Only thing is that was in 1902 so he wasnt married on the 1901 census
    And she isnt with him on there either , I am wondering why he lied about that too.
    Anyway the exciting news is he worked in The Widows Bun (also called The bun House) the famous one where a widow who lived in a cottage before it was a pub ,cooked a Hot Cross Bun for her returning son, only he never did and she made one each year and kept them, when the pub took over it carried on the tradition .
    Widow's Son, 75 Devons Road, Bow E3 3PJ

Well done Val
    PAT

Comment

thanks Pat ,its worth it just to read the pubs background alone

Comment

Good for you and how nice to have such a lovely tale connected to your family. My husband's London lot lived in Devons Road for a while.
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

I am pleased must say as I wasnt too sure it was going to be him , bit disappointed though as I searched near enough all day for his wife or her father on 1901 and for her birth and found nothing
          Have a feeling she may be using a middle name

Comment

Brilliant when a piece fits the jigsaw isnt it

Comment

it sure is Heather, I really had started to think he had disappeared, now for his sister!!!!

Comment

good luck Val ....
                Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

hi Lass nice to see you hows the leg ??????????????

Comment

making progress thanx Val ....
                    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

Working...
                    X