Skillings-Chapman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skillings-Chapman

Seeking info on the descendants of 'Harry' (Henry Michael) Chapman and wife Alice, nee Skillings, who were living in Kensington, London, in the early 1900's. Harry was from Ireland and in checking the marriage records (Free BMD) it would appear that Alice was Alice Maud who was likely the daughter of Thomas Skillings of Norfolk.

Isn't there someone else here researching SKILLINGS in Norfolk?

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Yes. Its Phoenix.
      Pam

Comment

Thanks Christine and Pam. Have now heard indirectly from Phoenix (through a friend) and am really hoping she can help.

Comment

Hi Jenn
          Welcome to FTF.
          I think it almost certain that Alice IS the daughter of Thomas Skillings. He and his wife had oodles of children and I'm getting back in contact with a descendant of one of them.

Your best bet is to get the marriage certificate for Alice and and children's birth certificates you feel certain of, to confirm the links.

Alice had two children before she married, but I am not sure what became of them. I don't keep anything online for people living beyond 1900. I have a feeling that Charles was a regular soldier, but will need to check my notes.

I don't have any information on Alice's other children apart from what your friend has given me: Chapmans ar much more difficult to research than Skillings!
          Phoenix - with charred feathers
          Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Working...
          X