Hannah Maria or just Maria Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hannah Maria or just Maria Please

Hello ,For the last year or more I have had the Bailey Clan of mine starting with Daniel Bailey and Anna Brunsdon married in Thatcham Berkshire in 1816. Now I find that the IGI record states that Daniel Bailey married Maria ( ? ) in Cold Ash 1816 ---- I have a lady from an other site (not GR ) saying No way, she was Hannah Maria, I have look up on the Free sites but am getting no where .Can you please at least save my poor head from the brick wall was Daniel married to Anna, Maria or Hannah Maria , or all of the above;)
    Sheila
    I think, therefore I am. Descarte

Do you have a date from the IGI, Sheila?

Was it extracted or submitted?

Comment

It's submitted. Always be careful with submitted when they don't have dates.

I'll see what else I can see.

Do you have them in any census.

Comment

Nothing written down can ever be guaranteed error free, but the things you need to see are the parish registers. If your contact has copies, ask if she could scan and send them to you.
        Or see if your nearest LDS library can get the film for you
        Or contact the Record Office and ask for copies.

It is best, if possible, if you cab look at all the entries, not just those you want, to pick up names of witnesses, occupations (on baptisms) and burials, in case there were two wives - though I expect she just got bored with using the same name the whole time!
        Phoenix - with charred feathers
        Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Sheila..............ask at your local LDS family history centre. They are great. You'll find one in the phone book.

There could well be two Daniels as well. First off I'd get the PR for the submitted entry from your local LDS. At least you'll see if it is true. Do you have Daniel's children?

You might get an idea from their names.

Comment

Good Evening to both of you , Firstly I am not sure if they have an office in Tropical North Queensland, but I'll try to find out
            Secondly the children's names were Maria Bailey1816--Daniel Pearce Bailey 1819---Henry Bailey 1821---Matilda Bailey--1825 . Daniel Pearce is my 3rd Great Grand father, and I have his marrage certicicate from the GRO, any help????
            Sheila

P S Libby it was Submitted after 1991 by a member of the LDS Church sheila
            Last edited by Sheila from Down Under; 19-03-08, 10:42.

Comment

Sheila.........

188 Fulham Road, Gulliver Phone 47757542.

I think that's your closest.

Comment

Well done Libby Thanks for that, as we said of old " go to the top of the class and give out the ???? "
                Good Night
                Sheila

Comment

Working...
                X