George Bellenger 40, workman at Dyers, Bethnal Green
    Elizabeth Bellenger 38, Mile End
    George Bellenger, 11, Goswell Road
    Edwin Bellenger. 9, Bishopsgate
    Elizabeth Bellenger, 7, Shoreditch
    Albert Bellenger, 5, Shoreditch
    Lilian Bellenger, 3, Chelsea
    Beatrice Bellenger, 10 months, Stepney

The family story is this branch moved to Canada the year after 1882/3 where George died circa WW1 era.

However have been searching the free transcripts of the 1901 and 1911 Canadian census here:

automatedgenealogy.com

Can't find any trace of them, or under any surname variation.

I don't have World Access on Ancestry just U.K, is anyone able to help me prove or disprove this tale? I am stumped!

Thanks

Hi

This may be them in the 1901 census Montreal Quebec but it said that Stanly and Beatrice were born in Qc

Georg Belenger 59
    Elizabeth Belenger 59
    Stanly Belenger 17
    Beatrice Belenger 21

Comment

Jan

Thanks that certainly looks like them. Matches what I have been told, that they had one more child Stanley Bellenger in 1883 whilst in Canada, at least now I know the story is true and whereabouts to be searching for them.

Comment

Yes Lyn, would say that is George there. Strange though he should be on his own in 1911, I wonder where the rest of his family were? As far as I know they were still alive at this time and pretty certain they did not ever return to U.K..even more puzzling!

Comment

Hi Richard

Sorry I should have given you the dates of birth for this family, will try and look for others later.

Georg Belenger born England dob. 29th May 1841 occupation storeman
          Elizabeth Belenger born England dob. 12th Jan 1842
          Stanly Belenger born Qc dob. 14th Dec 1873 occupation Bell Teleph
          Beatrice Belenger born Qc dob. 17th May 1880 occupation Blause Inst

The 1911 one Lyn found says his birthday was May 1839 and he was a widower. looks like it is him.
          Last edited by deletejb; 19-03-08, 06:37. Reason: adding a the 1911 bit

Comment

It certainly is the George I'm looking for in any case as I have his birth details in U.K and he was born 29 May (though neither 1839 or 41, he was actually born 1840!). Seems strange though he is alone, and his family doesn not seem to appear anywhere in 1911. I have had information this line might have survived to this day in Canada, so very interested in trying to trace his children and their lines. I suppose it is a step foward regardless to be able to prove he was in canada anyway, and where.

I notice on World Ancestry there is an immigration record for a George Bellenger to Canada, may be someone else, but if anyone has acess would much appreciate a check on this.

Comment

Stanly Belenger born Qc dob. 14th Dec 1873 occupation Bell Teleph
              Just checked Stanly again it said he was 17 and born 1873 but that cant be right must be an error think it must be 1883. Just looked at image look as if it could be 1885.

Comment

I would think 1883 it should be if he is 17. My information was he ~(Stanely) died young in 1914, though have no idea what of. He should therefore also be on the 1911 census too, puzzled as to why he, or none of his siblings seem to be.

Comment

Working...
                X