First problem with new puter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First problem with new puter

:( Just noticed that my sound isnt working. The icon is missing from the program tray thing and when I looked at the program in control it says no devices are plugged in. The sound is integrated - that is, I dont have any external speakers. Gawd knows what Ive done as it was certainly making noises earlier today :o

On the bottom right of your screen is your start up folder, mine is located there.

Comment

Cant see it Pat? I can see a sort of loud speaker but it has a cross next to it. If I click on it, it says no audio devices are installed. If I look at system devices it says Realtek is intalled and working ok ????????:(
      Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 17-03-08, 23:28.

Comment

Ive been googling and it appears its a known problem following Vista upgrades from MS. Ill ring Dell tomorrow and let them talk me through it. What a pain.

Comment

For what its worth Heather I have found Realtek a right pain in rear ;;;
          if I use it on msn it takes sound away from windows and carnt play cd's etc have also had to remove my voipcheap as that wouldnt work with it ;;
          borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Have you carried out a windows update today after you had sound
            on your PC ?

Only asking as I remember this happend to my PC, which uses Realtek.
            I had installed Windows Update, and found I had no sound :(
            Found out this was a known problem and downloaded a fix from Microsofts website.

Clare

Comment

Hi Clare, yes thats what I thought was the problem. Ive updated on General, it seems I was the problem, I had thought Id bought a computer with built in speakers but apparently I hadnt! I rang Dell and they said I didnt have built in speakers and should have ordered some. I got a bit stroppy and they have kindly said they will send me speakers free of charge.

Comment

Just trying to do it for you Brian.
                Elaine

Comment

Big bad Dell :(

I'm glad they are sending you free speakers.

Clare

Comment

Working...
                  X