Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone had this Ancestry message before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone had this Ancestry message before?

I had Ancestry open on my main computer and on my laptop - I have been all afternoon - quite usual for me if I'm trying to look up several families at once!!!

Went to change page, and got the message that I was "licence limit exceeded", and told to log off the other machine!!!

This is a flippin' nuisance!!!

Now I've logged off my other machine, but it still won't let me back in.

Hi Bev
    I have restored the thread for you & deleted the one on photos.

I think this happened to me a long time ago, I think you have to wait an hour before you can log on again? That's what happened to me anyway. It's been ok since.

Joanie

Comment

Apparently.

This isn't a new thing then?
      I often use Ancestry on 2 computers at once. If I'm in the middle of something on my home computer, I'll leave it on - then go to work and put Ancestry on there too! I've never had that message before!

Comment

you arent allowed to use your ancestry on 2 pcs at the same time , this is what they told me when this happened to me , and yes you do have to wait I think its half an hour before you can log in again.

Comment

Yes, I've had it before and strangely enough, I've only been using the one computer when I got it! I never had to wait for that time limit to expire before logging on again, though - I think I just had to log in again.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

And I've managed to get away with it for a couple of years now, lolol!!!

It is a nuisance, I like to have all the census pages open on one computer, and the births, mariages and deaths on the other.

Comment

You can open it in another window on the same computer though, I do that all the time, sometimes I have 3 pages open!
              ~ with love from Little Nell~
              Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

If you have Firefox you can use 'tabbed' browsing and just flick between the tabs.
                Not quite as convenient as having both screens up at the same time, but close!
                Alison

Researching:
                CAVE, CUCKOW/COSHOW, DAKIN, GILBERT, GINN, HUXLEY, LEATT, LETTEN, PATTERSON, PERRY, PORTER, SOMMERVILLE, WEEDON, WHITING
                http://www.authonomy.com/ViewBook.aspx?bookid=1025
                http://www.authonomy.com/ViewBook.aspx?bookid=2650

Comment

Originally posted by allie island View Post
                  If you have Firefox you can use 'tabbed' browsing and just flick between the tabs.
                  Not quite as convenient as having both screens up at the same time, but close!
                  You can do that with IE7 as well.
                  Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I've had that message before, ages ago, and I wasn't using two computers.
                    I think it just comes up by mistake sometimes when the site's busy.

Comment

I've had that message too, and I was only using one computer. Left if for about 20 to 30 minutes and went back in.
                      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Oh!!! I thought it was odd that I have been using 2 computers on Ancestry forever and not seen it before.

Perhaps it's just random then. But now I'm too scared to put my other computer on to try, lolol!

Comment

I think it has happened to me - but only once, I think.

I often have several tabs open on Safari and flick between those... a series of censuses, and some BMD, say. I sometimes think it would have been better to have separate windows open, because you can shrink the window and just show a critical bit, if you're trying to match something.

Christine
                          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                          X