Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with media player?!?

Hi All

We have used windows media player for sometime and never had a problem however today we tried to play a cd through it and it is not even recognising that we have a cd drive?? When you go to burn it says 'add cd drive and restart' and when you click on rip it says ' a cd drive is needed in order to burn music from a cd' when i put a cd in the drive there is no disc simbol on my curser or anything, I use windows XP incase that makes a difference!?!

please help a very confused

Is your computer recognising the CD drive apart from in Windows Media Player? For instance, if you go into "My Computer", does it show it o.k. there? And have you tried restarting the computer?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hi Kite
      Have just cheked and no its not I have restarted the comp twice and its made no difference? Am i gonna have to get a new computer?

Comment

Well, it might mean the CD drive needs mending.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

If you feel brave enough, you could open up the PC and check that no
          wires have become unplugged from the CD drive. If they feel lose, just
          give them a gentle push.

Clare

Comment

thanks Clare

im deffo not brave enough but i have a friend who might be fingers croosed he can fix it xx

Comment

Working...
            X