Family History Online Credits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family History Online Credits

I have some credits due to run out in the next few days that I know I won't use so if anyone has anything they'd like me to look up......
    Sue

OOh ooh me please.

This might solve my current confusion.

I have a death certificate for George Hodson which says he died on 27 September 1869 in Bath but an obit that says he died on 27 June 1869 and was buried 30 June 1869 at Bath.

Can you see if his burial is on there for me please? Might help clear up the discrepancy.

Cheers

Zoe
    Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

Sorry Zoe, there's nothing coming up for that part of the world at all.
      Sue

Comment

Zoe - do you know what the GRO ref was for the death certificate, because the only one showing on FreeBMD is 1869 2nd quarter, Bath 5c 503 (age 47) - which means the death couldn't have been in September.
        Elaine

Comment

Sue - thanks for looking.

Elaine

Ermmmmmm - I'm gonna have to go find it now. Got the thing years ago.

What you're gently trying to say is that I got it wrong aren't you. I've put the wrong date in my FT. You can tell me. I'm fine with everyone knowing I'm stupid.

It's a much better scenario than them burying the poor love before he died anyway.
          Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

Originally posted by samesizedfeet View Post
            What you're gently trying to say is that I got it wrong aren't you. I've put the wrong date in my FT. You can tell me.
            :D:D ..... or somehow the wrong date is on the certificate ..... or there is another death in the right quarter of that year that I have missed!
            Elaine

Comment

The death appears in the Bath BMD (http://www.bathbmd.org.uk/cgi/deathind.cgi) - but, of course, no Qtr specified.
              HODSON George 47 Lansdown Bath LNS/20/393

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I had a quick look on FMP, to see if there were a Will. I looked 1869-1875, but didn't spot anything relevant - but I haven't got great form at finding things in those indexes!

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Sue, if your offer is still open for lookups can you check Rebecca Dyer b.1823 in Alton Hampshire. Am interested in finding the names of her parents
                  Thanks a lot. Lesley

Comment

Originally posted by Punchs mum View Post
                    Sue, if your offer is still open for lookups can you check Rebecca Dyer b.1823 in Alton Hampshire. Am interested in finding the names of her parents
                    Thanks a lot. Lesley

This is the only one showing...

Rebecca Dyer D of Richard & Maria Dyer baptised 26 Dec1823 at Alton Notes: –
                    Sue

Comment

Hello Sue
                      could you have a look for Richard Knell born 1804ish in Seal, Kent. Would like to know about his parents and if possible his marriage to Susan Waghorn(s) and any info on Susan while you're at it.
                      This is my first post and am feeling cheeky to ask - everyone seems to know everyone else on here.
                      Many thanks
                      Jane

Comment

Hi would it be possible for you to look up Peter Corio, he has a mention on there for the government gazettes

Have you booked your holidays yet ?
                        Why not come to Norfolk we have some great churches for you to photograph

Shake my family tree and watch the nuts fall.

Looking for Druce-Berkshire. Auvache , James, Hughes - London. Turp - Essex. Dipple, - Herefordshire.

Regional Co ordinator Eastern Region

Comment

Thanks for that look up Sue. Still not too sure if it is my Rebecca! Thanks at lot anyway

Lesley

Comment

Originally posted by norwayjane View Post
                            Hello Sue
                            could you have a look for Richard Knell born 1804ish in Seal, Kent. Would like to know about his parents and if possible his marriage to Susan Waghorn(s) and any info on Susan while you're at it.
                            This is my first post and am feeling cheeky to ask - everyone seems to know everyone else on here.
                            Many thanks
                            Jane

Jane - its not cheeky at all! Welcome to the boards and I'm sure you'll soon feel at home here.

Unfortunately there's no entry on FHO for your Richard Knell and I checked on BIVRI too and he doesn't come up on that either.

Sorry about that but someone else might have some ideas!
                            Sue

Comment

Originally posted by tasdev00 View Post
                              Hi would it be possible for you to look up Peter Corio, he has a mention on there for the government gazettes
                              Jacky

This is all the information it gives, I've no idea how you get further detail!

Name – Peter Corio State Victoria Location – Year 1861 Subject Estates of Intestates Page 216
                              Sue

Comment

Hi Sue

Could you see if you can find a baptism for George Wells 1776-1781 in Oxfordshire?

I only have him on the 1841 census so don't know his place of birth just the county. He was very inconvenient and died in 1842.

Hope its not too much to ask.

Just thought, he died in Chipping Norton 1842 Sep qtr, perhaps his burial would be easier?
                                Last edited by Margaret in Burton; 16-03-08, 14:56.

Comment

Thanks for looking Sue.
                                  The Corio family never do anything straight forward

Have you booked your holidays yet ?
                                  Why not come to Norfolk we have some great churches for you to photograph

Shake my family tree and watch the nuts fall.

Looking for Druce-Berkshire. Auvache , James, Hughes - London. Turp - Essex. Dipple, - Herefordshire.

Regional Co ordinator Eastern Region

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret in Burton View Post
                                    Hi Sue

Could you see if you can find a baptism for George Wells 1776-1781 in Oxfordshire?

]
                                    Just thought, he died in Chipping Norton 1842 Sep qtr, perhaps his burial would be easier?
                                    Oxfordshire FHS seem to withdrawn their NBI from FHO (its not on Findmypast either) so no burial. Only entry for George Wells is on 1881 census
                                    Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Punchs mum View Post
                                      Thanks for that look up Sue. Still not too sure if it is my Rebecca! Thanks at lot anyway

Lesley

I've just checked on BIVRI and there's another Rebecca Dyer

DYER, Rebecca Jones Christening
                                      Christening Date: 3 Oct 1824 Recorded in: St Helens, Hampshire, England
                                      Father: Cornelius Jones
                                      Mother: Rebecca Dyer
                                      Source: FHL Film 1470890

Not sure where St Helens is in relation to Alton though....
                                      Sue

Comment

Oh well thanks for looking Sue.

I shall have to send for his death cert and hope his age is correct on it.

I am trying to prove or disprove that this George Wells is the same one I have a baptism for in Hook Norton, Oxfordshire in 1777.

Comment

Working...
                                        X