Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a CD of Oxfordshire marriages please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a CD of Oxfordshire marriages please?

I am looking for the marriage of a George WELLS and Elizabeth. It would have been around 1800-1810 possibly in Chipping Norton.

They had a son called William Hitchman Wells so her surname could possibly have been HITCHMAN.

The marriage isn't on the IGI.

Ooooo please may I join in ?

I need the marriage of Mary Ann Ballinger .. (born in Oxford)
    The marriage should be around 1837 but I've been stuck with this one for years

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

You might find this site worth a visit, if you have any number of Oxfordshire tree-members:
      Oxfordshire Family History Society

I have one of their £17.50 (pdf of transcription book from C19th) CDs, but not one covering areas relevant to either of you, I'm afraid.
      OXF-BAN04 BANBURY Reg. Dist. New September 2005
      Banbury Ind.; Banbury Wes. Chapel; Barford St. John; Barford St. Michael; Bloxham & Milton Presb.; Epwell; Milcombe; Milton; South Newington; Tadmarton; Wigginton; Wroxton & Gt. Bourton Ind.
      They have other material, both more expensive and less so.

They've also got new stuff on their site, including this amongst the web resources:
      New for 2008:
      Transcribed Wills
      Christine

PS - My CD does include some non-conformist material.
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Margaret: George Wells of Chipping Norton married Elizabeth Hitchman in Deddington 26th June 1806. From the Oxfordshire Marriage Index CD.

Rachel: Sorry, the index stops in 1837 and I can't see a marriage for Mary Ann Ballinger at all.

Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thank you Christine and Caroline .....

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
            Margaret: George Wells of Chipping Norton married Elizabeth Hitchman in Deddington 26th June 1806. From the Oxfordshire Marriage Index CD.

Rachel: Sorry, the index stops in 1837 and I can't see a marriage for Mary Ann Ballinger at all.

Caroline

You are wonderful, thank you

Comment

Not a problem, but I'm not wonderful - it is the transcribers!!
              Caroline
              Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Caroline

There isn't a marriage for a William Bird to Sarah Wells on your CD is there?

It would have been about 1831-33 I think

sorry to be cheeky

Comment

'fraid not - the closest is a Sarah Wells to a John Bird, widower of Clerkenwell, in Chipping Norton in 1828 on September 24th.
                  Caroline

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
                    'fraid not - the closest is a Sarah Wells to a John Bird, widower of Clerkenwell, in Chipping Norton in 1828 on September 24th.

Mmm that one's on the IGI as well.
                    Trouble is her husband is named as William in her fathers will.

Comment

Working...
                    X