Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember trying to find Beatrice Horstead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember trying to find Beatrice Horstead?

And she turned up as Ellen Elinor - lol? Well as you may remember this girl married rather well - when I was at aunties she gave me this pic of Ellen aka Beatrice aka Jenny with her husband Robert Towler (who O.C. poo pooed as "an industrialist".)Robert Towler and Ellen Beatrice Elinor (Medium).jpg Blimey, he looks like Richard Griffiths doesnt he! lol The little boy on Jenny's knee is name removed, who is still alive and kicking.
    Last edited by Jill on the A272; 25-01-18, 05:49. Reason: living person's name removed

Originally posted by Heather Positive Thinker View Post
    Blimey, he looks like Richard Griffiths doesnt he! lol
    Doesn't he!!! lol...there's another link to try and make!! (wouldn't want to do a Griffiths tree if I could help it, though!)

Robert Towler (who O.C. poo pooed as "an industrialist
    *tuts*

Comment

He died 2 years after this photo - wonder why?

Comment

Did he die 7th Dec 1930?

Comment

You cant resist, can you Merry! Mind you I didnt realise that George Delacour had kicked the bucket only months after his marriage to Charlotte Horstead which you snooped out

Im not sure, I DID have her memorial card here somewhere and I know from that that she had lost him x years after they married and it would have made him dead 1930. They married in 1923 so I must have worked it out from that. But how did you find that - did you go through the complete index? Surely not.
          Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 14-03-08, 16:59.

Comment

The children all look very dubious, don't they? Clearly they were told to behave and not to say "cheese!
            ~ with love from Little Nell~
            Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Yes the girl looks like she needs a bit of a slap doesnt she - lol

Come on Merry, please give! You have an exact date there.
              Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 14-03-08, 17:09.

Comment

Merry!!!

Comment

Merry!!!
                  pmsl - sorry I was being the kids taxi!

I don't know it's the right man at all!! Times Digital Archive said he was a boiler maker in Woolwich, so depends on whether they lived there and whether that one was sitting actually making the boilers, or if he thought they was so good, he bought the company (lol!!)

The man who died in 1930 was 54 (GRO) so that's too old? (I didn't look at that bit before!) Also had a middle name - Francis.
                  Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 14-03-08, 19:54.

Comment

Yes thats him Robert Francis Towler! They owned a company called Towler and Sons, boilermakers (by appointment to HM!). The main works were up north and in Stratford, east London. I guess they may have had a further place in Woolwich or may be that was North Woolwich, north of the thames, east end. He was born in 1877 - Beatrice/Jenny was his second wife.

How come you have access to Times Digital, I thought theyd stopped that? Any more detail please????
                    Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 14-03-08, 20:13.

Comment

One moment please and I'll bung on the image......

(my local library still gives access!)

Comment

Edition dated 22nd May 1931:

22nd May 1931.jpg

Comment

Oh brilliant, arent you a wonderful girl. God, Vanbrugh Park, Blackheath, mum and auntie werent exagerating then - that was class Merry! (Where did you get Woolwich from?)

Comment

I expect Woolwich was his death reg district!! I'm watching TV as well!! lolol

Comment

Oh yes, I vaguely remember Heather's relatives who were "in trade". Sniff.

*adjusts lorgnette*

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                                *adjusts lorgnette*
                                Take them off.....you may need to be photographed!

Comment

This is him with the first wife - he piled on the pounds over 20 years didnt he!!Robert Francis Towler and first wife.jpg(It was her side that had the Knighted Lord Mayor of London)
                                  Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 14-03-08, 21:26.

Comment

Good heavens! Well, his mouth is the same!

Comment

And those shifty eyes. I wonder if he took a fancy to the bottle or whether he was ill in the first pic - he looks really quite emaciated in that- look how loose the suit is hanging and he wasnt short of a few bob to buy one that fitted.

Comment

He looks bloated in the second pic - kidney disease?

OC

Comment

Working...
                                        X