Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please!!!!

Ive been very naughty! :o

My mum leant me her birth cert with the strict instuction don't loose It!!!

Well guess what I did:o

can i order a new one without having to tell her or is it different for someone thats still alive ive only ever ordered certs for dead peeps!!

please help !:o

I think it depends on how long ago she was born. If it's relatively recent then you will need to know a lot of the details from the cert to order online as most fields are mandatory for recent certs.

In any case, she's going to notice when you give her the new one as the issue date will be March 2008!! lol

*prepare to confess*

Comment

You would be able to fill in all the details on the form so I think you could order it. they don't let you order one with just the ref no if it is recent. You might have to pay more than £7 though and anyway she would see that the date of issue was in 2008 Might be better to confess :p

Anne

Comment

Thanks Merry and Anne I know i will have to tell her but it would soften the blow if I had a new cert when I did it!!! she was born in 1954

Comment

I agree with the others that mum will notice that the certificate is new. But in any case, if your family history paperwork is anything like mine, the original is almost certainly not lost for ever but simply hiding! Try searching for something else entirely and it will probably turn up, tucked in your notebook, or amongst a set of 19th century certs or folded inside a reference book or ........ I'm sure you get the idea.
          Good hunting.
          Judith
          Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

LOL Judith you should see my lounge right now! I know it must be in the house somewhere!! perhaps your right maybe i should find something else to search for!

Comment

Ordered my b-i-l (born 1965), no problem, didn't need much more detail than for older ones (as we weren't 100% sure all details were right!!)
              Mavis
              Dust is a noun, never a verb;)

Comment

I have just fessed up and mum was ok I have ordered a new one and will give her the original irf it ever turns up and keep the new one for my ft stuff! It wouldnt have been such a worry if she didn't want to learn to drive!! KEEP OFF THE POADS PEEPS!!!! LOL

Comment

I would own up that you have lost it but advise her you will get her a replacement until you find it, honesty is the best policy !!

Comment

Working...
                  X