Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The winner of WDWTYA 13th March 2008 is .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The winner of WDWTYA 13th March 2008 is .....

Renee

Well done Renee .... let's hope we can help with your brickwalls.
    Elaine

Brickwall

I have hit a brickwall with a Catherine Jackson Born 1872 my great grandmother who became Mrs Katherine Kidd. I have her marriage certificate which states she was 22 years old in 1894. There is a record on Familysearch that she was born on 22 Aug 1972 And christened at 16 Sept 1972. Her father is David Jackson and mother is Jane.

I have found her on the census 1881 and 1891 living with her father David & her mothers name is Annie this cannot be her mother as she is only 11 years older than her. Have tried to find a birth certificate but am unable to find one have got 3 wrong ones so far.

Her father was born in St Pancras Middlesex in 1851 or 1952 according to the census again cannot find a register of his birth hope someone can help.

Comment

The christening on the IGI gives mother's name as Jane, so would presume Annie is a second marriage.

CATHERINE JACKSON born 22 Aug 1872
      Christening: 16 SEP 1872 Old Church, Saint Pancras, London, England

Will see if I can see first marriage for David and Jane, and possible death for Jane.

1881 census ref for information
      RG11; Piece: 202; Folio: 41; Page: 8
      Elaine

Comment

This looks like the most obvious birth registration that I can see at the moment

Kate Jackson
        1872 Jan-Feb-Mar
        Pancras
        Volume: 1b
        Page: 156

- BUT the date doesn't match up with the IGI information.
        Elaine

Comment

No I already have tht Birth Certificate

Comment

thought you might! :(
            Elaine

Comment

There is a death for a Jane Jackson - June 1876, Pancras 1b, 77 - but not quite sure at the moment how this is going to help!

Not getting very far with this lot at the moment and going crosseyed hunting thro the census! I´ll come back to it tomorrow with a fresh pair of eyes.
              Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 13-03-08, 22:09.
              Elaine

Comment

Renee Good luck knocking your wall down.

Is St Pancras East london ? If so could this be Davids birth

Name: David Jackson
                Year of Registration: 1851
                Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
                District: East London
                County: London, Middlesex

Comment

So this is the info from the 1881:
                  David Jackson Head Mar 29 Coal Porter Middlesex
                  Annie do Wife Mar 21 do
                  David do Son 11 Scholar do
                  Kate do daur 9 do do
                  James do son 7 do do
                  John do son 2 do

If you are having trouble finding Catherine / Kate's birth registration, then it looks as though David jr or James would do as a substitute if they are easier to find, since they would almost certainly have the same mother as her. It would help if we can find them in 1871...
                  KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                  (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hi Renee,

There is a marriage of a David Jackson to Ann Gollar 2nd Q 1879 Pancras
                    Janet ;)

Researching - Curr, Woolven, Beeden, Haslett, Shurey, Barton, Slade & Harding.

Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain.

Comment

Nearest I can see for David jr's birth reg is David Jackson Dec 1870 Pancras 1b 126 but I am having no luck looking for them in 1871. That Jane Jackson who died 1876 was 24 so she should be about 19 in 1871. If it's her.
                      KiteRunner

Comment

There is a David Jackson birth/christening, extracted, on IGI b. 22.11.1870 & ch. 14.12.1870 mother only - Jane Jackson.
                        I can't see a marriage of a David Jackson to a Jane OR births/christenings for either James or John OR David, Jane & David on 1871 census - sorry not much help!
                        Janet ;)

Researching - Curr, Woolven, Beeden, Haslett, Shurey, Barton, Slade & Harding.

Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain.

Comment

Hi Renee

On the Scottish 1871 census I found this there is also Ann Jackson (born Ayr) 3mts, David Jackson (born Glasgow) age 1 and a Janet Jackson (born England) age 32
                          (Just noticed parents are to old)
                          (Back again the names above say husband and father is John Jackson yet no John on list)

David Jackson born c1834, England.
                          Registration number and district: Ayr Landward 578/2
                          Address: Harbour Street Ayr
                          Infantry Barracks Ayr
                          Page 13 / Line 1 / Roll CSSCT1871_106

Jan,
                          Please do not copy and paste direct from sites such as Ancestry as it is against Ts and Cs.
                          Have edited your post.
                          Elaine (Admin)

Elaine SORRY will not do in the future, thanks for correcting.
                          Last edited by deletejb; 14-03-08, 18:03.

Comment

Ok Thanks

Comment

To be honest, I doubt if those Scottish people are the same ones. Might be worth looking for them on the Scottish 1881 so we can rule them out?
                              KiteRunner

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
                                Nearest I can see for David jr's birth reg is David Jackson Dec 1870 Pancras 1b 126 but I am having no luck looking for them in 1871. That Jane Jackson who died 1876 was 24 so she should be about 19 in 1871. If it's her.
                                I keep coming back to this one in 1871
                                RG10; Piece: 337; Folio: 59; Page: 43

It gives a David Jackson born in London c1851
                                with a wife - whose name I cannot read but its not Jane! Age is transcribed as 13 but I think it is probably meant to be 19.
                                and a child David, mistranscribed as Daria, aged 4.
                                I cannot believe the son is aged 4 if the parents are only 20 and ? 19 - although not impossible - but wonder whether the enumerator should have marked it as 4 months, which would fit in with the registration you have found Kate in December 1870.
                                Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 14-03-08, 16:11. Reason: typo
                                Elaine

Comment

The wife's name on that one looks most like a bad rendition of Jackson, so it could be that the enumerator got in a muddle with her name and didn't put her first name in at all. David's occupation is labourer, which would go quite well with coal porter, wouldn't it? And they are in Bloomsbury, which is not very far from Pancras.
                                  KiteRunner

Comment

That's what I thought Kate.
                                    Have done a search on freeBMD for marriages for David Jackson around that time (e.g. 1866 - 1876) in Middlesex, but there is nothing jumping out.
                                    The only one with a Jane mentioned is

Marriages Jun 1875
                                    GADD George
                                    >>>Jackson David
                                    >>>Sughrua Jane
                                    WEAVER Elizabeth
                                    Bethnal Green 1c 400

- haven't looked on the 1881 to see if I could match the other couple yet.

I wonder if the parish register entry for the christening would help in any way.
                                    Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
                                      Nearest I can see for David jr's birth reg is David Jackson Dec 1870 Pancras 1b 126 ....
                                      As the IGI shows only mother for David Jackson (born 22 Nov 1870), it might be worth getting his birth certificate to see if the address where he was born helps in any way - with luck Jane might be at the same address in the 1871 census.
                                      Elaine

Comment

Have sent for that Birth Certificate Fingers crossed

Comment

Working...
                                        X