Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• norfolk parish registers

hi,

does anyone have a copy of these that they could do me a look up on please?

sarah or sarah ann rice b 1837 shouldham norfolk.

parents james rice and sarah ?

she isnt showing up on the free bmd which starts in sept 1837.
    Last edited by yummy-mummy-amy; 13-03-08, 13:02.
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Have you tried freereg? Or Norfolk transcription archive? You sure that isnt Shouldham?

Comment

yes it is my mistake. is freereg same as freebmd? if not where do i find it?

Comment

It doesn't look as though there are any Shouldham records on the Norfolk Transcription Archive, and although FreeREG does include Shouldham, I can't see her on there.
        FreeREG - Search UK Parish Register Indices
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Just had a look on IGI. In among some dodgy-looking submitted entries there's one extracted baptism you might like to consider

IGI Batch C157411
          2 April 1837, St. Mary, Sprowston
          Sarah <Rice>, parents Edmund Rice and Sarah

It's taken from the parish register.
          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Sprowston is very far away from Shouldham indeed, so not likely to be that one, I'm afraid.
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

There's also a Shouldham Thorpe nearby, so it's worth being aware of another possible location, and Marham isn't far away, either, nor Fincham (and I think they do have Fincham's on FreeREG).

Christine

PS - the Homepage of FreeBMD has links to both FreeCEN (census transcriptions) and FreeREG (register transcriptions)
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Tried my Phillimore disc but not on there.

If you have a lot of family to look up at Norfolk records this might be useful

I found a researcher on Ebay and payed her to research my family for me, she is very good and charges £10 per hour if she doesn't find anything you dont have to pay, she visits Norfolk and Suffolk RO

Comment

cool thanks for that. the sarah you found isnt her. however i did find the marriage for james and sarah so i now have her maiden nme. it wasnt a site i had heard of.

Comment

Working...
                  X