Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tags

Hi,
    I've only used Photobucket on an odd occasion. When I upload a pic. one of the options on offer is tag . Please can someone tell me what this is and how it works. (I'm sure I could get more out of my computer if I only knew how.)
    Thanks
    Cath.
    Cath.

Hi Cath

Say you took a picture of a church for the places of worship project you could tag it as 'church' - then whenever people searched photobucket for 'church' your picture would come up in the search results.

Cheryl

So... what do you think of my pants?!

Regional Co-Ordinator for Region 3

Comment

Tags. P.S.

Thanks Cheryl. On the same subject - is there any way of putting a pic. on FTF without using something like photobucket.

Cath
      Cath.

Comment

There is... but puts extra strain of the site I believe to host the images so think that photobucket is preferred!

If you go 'advanced' when replying to a thread
        Click on the paperclip (on the top row next to the smiley face)
        This brings up a pop-up window so make sure pop-ups are allowed on this site!
        You can then browse your computer for the file you want to attach - it has to be a certain size so you can resize this first if it is a large file.
        Click 'upload' - when the file is listed under current attachments you can close the window.

Then...

Back in the advanced posting screen, click on the arrow next to the paperclip and click on the file you want to insert.
        This will show as [ATTACH]a number[/ATTACH]

Then you can post as normal and the image will show up in the post. If you don't do the final step you will only get the link to the picture rather than it showing up in the post (like at the bottom of this post).

But if you can use photobucket I think the big bosses would prefer it!
        Attached Files
        Cheryl

Comment

OK thanks. If I do use photobucket can anyone else see my album unless I want them to?
          Cath.

Comment

I think you can specify whether photos are private or public, but to make them visible on here they'd need to be public.

I use flickr.com, which enables you to specify for each photo whether it's private or public, or only accessible to friends who have a password; I assume photobucket has a similar system.

Comment

If you log into photobucket... on the top right it says 'account options' - click on this!

Scroll down to album settings - the second line of text will say 'this album is public / private'

If it says public, click on edit my album settings

The first options is my album is - you can change to private in the drop down box.

In the box underneath you can set a password for guests to be able to view your album if you want them to.

Click save and it will be for your eyes only!
              Cheryl

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
                I think you can specify whether photos are private or public, but to make them visible on here they'd need to be public.
                Mary my photobucket album is private but my images can still be seen on here - it doesn't stop the IMG code being used to post the images elsewhere
                Cheryl

Comment

Brilliant, thanks Cheryl. I've done that.
                  Cath.
                  Cath.

Comment

No problem
                    Cheryl

Comment

Handy comments - have posted so this appears in my threads and I don't lose the info!!

Comment

Working...
                      X